Local Talk

Does anyone live in/near Hythe?

(5 Posts)
Armstrong Sat 09-Mar-13 21:55:08

We currently live in Cambridge but have recently talked about moving to Kent (I grew up in Kent/SE London) and have thought about Hythe, mainly as it's by the sea! Does anyone live here/near here? If so what it's like to live there? much to do with children? thanks x

caspar70 Tue 12-Mar-13 20:55:39

Hi,

I live in Hythe. I have 2 children aged 5 & 2. I love living here. Have been here for 6years now. There are lots of good schools and loads of clubs, toddler groups etc. How old are your children?

Armstrong Fri 15-Mar-13 21:48:28

Hi - thanks for replying smile we have a one year old and hopefully another at some point in the next year or so x

caspar70 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:27:44

In which case Hythe is a lovely place to live and raise your family. Lots of groups, lovely childrens centre, parks, zoo and of course the beach!

Drop me a line if you want any specific information or if you come for a visit. Loads of coffee shops I can recommend!

LondonerAtHeart Sat 16-Mar-13 08:35:35

I lived in Hythe for a while. It was a lovely little town. I loved being on the seafront.

It was too far away from family and friends for us to settle there.

There were two other things that really got to me:

the wind! We'd look out the window, see a lovely sunny day. And then it would actually be really horribly windy. it really got me down. I think it's better as you move further along the coast towards Folkestone. like Sandgate.

The lack of a good near by Town. we'd go to Canterbury if we wanted to do proper shopping. But going out to do anything cultural of an evening was almost impossible. That really got us down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now