ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Tunbridge Wells - are Gatwick planes a problem?

(6 Posts)
Julia2132009 Thu 28-Mar-13 20:30:27

Hi. DS has got a new job in London so we are looking for a commuter town. Tunbridge wells is a favourite at the moment but we have been told it is on the Gatwick flight path. Wondering if anyone who lives there/visits could let me know if the planes can be noisy and intrusive or if the airport is far enough away that the planes are quite high over the town? We are moving from right next to Southampton airport and I am so sick of low flying planes!

Metalhead Mon 08-Apr-13 11:36:01

Over TW I don't think you hear planes at all, although you can see them. In some of the surrounding areas you can hear them a bit, but I wouldn't say it's a disturbance (nowhere near as loud as road traffic).

nocoffeeforme Fri 12-Apr-13 12:11:59

I'm 6 miles from TW, not under a flight path, rarely if ever see/hear a plane. I love it here, it is very rural but I can walk to a train station and be in London in 1 hour.

My advice would be to spend a week in a holiday cottage in the area, and spend time visiting various villages to check out where would suit you.

AutismAllStarMum Sat 25-May-13 18:31:15

I live in Edenbridge, right under the flight path and I can honestly say, apart from the odd plane now and again, it really isn't a concern to us, my SIL lives in tunbridge wells and has no problems x

Flowers3 Sat 31-Aug-13 09:04:56

Tunbridge Wells move
Can anyone tell me if Summervale and Friezland Road T.Wells are nice areas to live? Also is there a good bus service into central T.Wells from here? Currently living in Middlesex (but was raised in Frant) so know TWells shopping centre etc but not the residential areas.....Thinking of moving back....

Amathaunta Sat 31-Aug-13 13:16:42

Summervale is easy to get into town from via bus, no idea about Friezland road as I'm not sure where that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now