Local Talk

Faversham and Whitstable Property Hunt

(1 Post)
HerEyesOn Thu 23-May-13 12:05:13

Hello,

My family and I (DH and DS 18 months old) are currently house hunting in Faversham and Whitstable and have just had a vendor pull out on a house in Faversham, which means the search continues. I love both places but I'm still sussing out the various areas.

Have heard that Whitstable gets a bit crazy in high season and that it's better to be on the outskirts and/or have off-road parking. Faversham we love too but there's so few properties on the market and they tend to be small and have small gardens. We were hoping to spend no more than 300K but can go up to 350K at a push.

I wonder if anyone could tell me about Hillview Rd in Whitstable? We saw a great house there but were told the schools aren't good and to avoid it (by a local) and also Pier Avenue in Herne Bay, is it too far along the coast for the station etc?. I've been told it's a lovely cycle into Whitstable from there but that's all I know really.

DH will only need to commute to London a couple of days a week (Faversham would be better for this) and I work from home part-time but we want to make sure we get within the catchment for a good school and a good area as we've suffered with anti-social neighbours in the past and don't want to go through that again. I also need to be near toddler groups, parks etc

Very excited about living in either place and happy to rent if we have to. Currently under offer on our London flat and although I'll miss London (born and bred) we feel it's time to move on.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now