Local Talk

Anyone live in or near Broadstairs?

(7 Posts)
Kazzypop Wed 26-Jun-13 20:13:39

Hi all

I'm 25, have recently moved to Broadstairs and then conceived DD1. I'm due in October and would really like to meet other mums or mums to be in the area as I don't know anyone here really, and don't have much contact with any friends from home.

Kazzypop

verity07 Wed 26-Jun-13 20:52:03

Hi Kazzypop

We have a meet up group in Canterbury. Click here for details of the next meet up. I know its not your immediate area!

I'm trying to recruit a Local Ambassador for Broadstairs who would arrange meet ups in your area - I'll let you know if I'm successful!

Verity (Local Editor)

MrsSparkles Wed 26-Jun-13 21:23:35

Hi Kazzy

Try stopping by Helter-Skelter (childrens soft play and café) in the town. They have all sorts of info on groups etc.

I grew up in Broadstairs and am desperate to move back from London - but only made it to Medway so far!

Kazzypop Wed 26-Jun-13 22:53:17

Thanks Verity I have already joined the Canterbury group but am unfortunately working on Friday :-(

I drive and I like Canterbury too so not all bad.

MrsSparkles I am from Medway! I currently stay with my mum in Gillingham 3-4 nights a week as I still work in Medway until September. I've heard of Helter-Skelter but not seen it yet. Will ask MIL if she's seen it as she's lived there for 26 years!

smile

MrsSparkles Sat 29-Jun-13 22:21:22

Hi Kazzy. We're like vice versa twins - I've been staying with my folks in Broadstairs 2 nights a week, while we sort out our imminent move to Rainham!

It's in the Methodist church in York Street - am sure your MIL will know where that is. Despite my mum living there forever she had no idea it was there, but once I said the church she knew straight away!

Kazzypop Sun 30-Jun-13 21:16:09

Oh gosh how funny! What a small world. Rainham is a nice area, and so close to the M2 making travel back and forth easy. Also close to Bluewater and Lakeside which is good if you like Ikea...or bad depending on how you look at it.

verity07 Mon 01-Jul-13 21:07:03

Pleased to let you know that we now have a meet up group for Broadstairs!

The lovely Fiona at Helter-Skelter will be running them in their soft play & cafe smile Click here for the meet-up page!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now