Local Talk

Secondary Schools Maidstone - Confused

(4 Posts)
lemontree99 Wed 23-Oct-13 22:30:01

We need to choose our secondary schools in 6 days time! I have been to visit, Valley Park, Cornwallis, St Simon Stock, Maplesden Oaks & St Augustines. My daughter unfortunately did not pass her 11+, for this she is devastated so all the schools feel like a worry and not quite Invicta Girls! Is anyone else having this worry, what is the best school to send her to, I can not decide. Impressed by Maplesden for its relaxed atmosphere, all the kids seem to be concentrating, Impressed by the vision of Cornwallis and its possibilities, Impressed by the Art and ethos of Simon Stock, Impressed by the mannerisms of Kids at Valley. I have listened to hearsay, read the reports, gut instinct is not coming through...... help!

VerityLocalEdKent Thu 24-Oct-13 14:52:19

Have tweeted it for you!

ladylawyer Thu 24-Oct-13 14:58:56

I know it is very confusing. I am looking for my daughter. Valley park is generally seen as a cut above the rest but has a very limited catchment area ( 1.4 miles) so unless you live near to it you need to go for one of their scholarships ( acting, art, dance aptitude). I know parents who are very happy with all the rest you mention but their ability levels are very mixed.

BazingaBaby Wed 20-Nov-13 00:12:22

Hi, Just curious which school did you opted for in the end?

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now