Local Talk

moving to uk

(7 Posts)
thebean888 Thu 16-Jan-14 16:20:25

Hello, currently we live in Naples Italy and we may be moving to London in July. I have 2 small kids (under 2 yrs old) and a large dog. I am looking for a house to rent in the Bromley area with a garden. I am curious to know how expensive it will actually be with only 1 income and a family of 4. Can you please help me in any way or even suggest an area that is livable/safe. We will not have a car, so i need all the amenities possible. My husband will be working in the Kensington area so I would like him to be close to the train station.

Thanks

BrainLikeASeive Sat 18-Jan-14 10:00:13

Bromley won't be cheap.... but then anything inside the M25 comes at a price...

thebean888 Sat 18-Jan-14 20:18:59

OK so what does M25 mean? Do you suggest another area(s)? Thanks

VerityLocalEdKent Sun 19-Jan-14 20:40:28

The M25 is the motorway that circles London - have attached a pic smile

Bromley has lots of shops and would cover most, if not all of the amenities you'd need.

My sister used to live there - I'll ask her to come and give you some info!

Floralnomad Sun 19-Jan-14 22:33:31

You may also face problems finding a rental property that will accept a large dog .

VerityLocalEdKent Mon 20-Jan-14 20:48:47

Info from my sister:

"There are lots of safe family friends places to live in & around Bromley. Bromley South, Bromley common , Bickley & Shortlands are all nice. Also Beckenham, Ravensbourne & Clockhouse"

thebean888 Tue 21-Jan-14 09:06:04

Thank you so much for the info. Is there any other expenses I should know about beside council tax, so i can factor into our budget.

Also what is a good agency to find a house for rent. Or are there other ways to find a renter home without an agency (so i don't have to pay them).

Thanks to all, for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now