Local Talk

Trying to move to canterbury area - query is chestfield a good area for primary schools.

(3 Posts)
mb104 Fri 17-Jan-14 19:53:38

Hello I am currently living in Hythe and have a daughter at school in Canterbury. I have a son aged 8 and am worried about moving him to a new primary school. My husband still has to commute to Folkestone and we are looking South of Canterbury and maybe Blean Chestfiedl as propery slightly cheaper. Would any one be able to recommend if these areas ok . We made the move from London 12 years ago and I still feel a bit of an outsider in Hythe, so would really appreciate some advice. Thank You

KidsinCant Thu 23-Jan-14 21:31:02

Hi. I am afraid I can't comment on Chestfield as a place to live or go to school - though it seems pleasant enough driving through.

If you do move there or elsewhere in Canterbury please do use www.kidsincanterbury.info to find out about regular children's activities and party destinations, or follow us on twitter @kic_canterbury

Tiredbuthappy1970 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:37:08

Chestfield is a lovely place to live, a good mix of property types and styles. My children attend the nearest primary school (few mins drive) and are very happy there. There are several other primary schools in Whitstable so you should be able to get him into one of them - Whitstable Juniors, The Endowed, Joy Lane, St Mary's Catholic.

I don't know anything about Blean as a place to live but have always heard good things about the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now