Tunbridge Wells/Sevenoaks prep schools

(9 Posts)
3Kids3 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:02:13

We are thinking of moving next year to either TW or 7oaks. We want our daughter to transfer to a year 3 place. Could anyone offer suggestions/recommendations of good local preps. She is quite bright however the school doesn't need to be selective. As it is the quality of the school we are interested in we are happy to view either type.

Thanks!

Tigg3rific Sat 09-Jul-16 21:53:57

The Schools at Somerhill have a girls only Prep that starts at Year 3. My kids (boy and girl) have loved it there. Really friendly.

busylizzie76 Sun 10-Jul-16 00:29:32

Walthamstow Hall or Granville in Sevenoaks
Holmewood house or Somerhill in twells

LobsterQuadrille Sun 10-Jul-16 16:01:23

My DD went to The Mead in Frant Road, TW. Loved it and she and most of her friends went on to grammar (TWGGS and TOGS). I would also have considered Beechwood (Pembury Road, TW). I was at Homewood and it's more of a pain to get to from central TW - I am a sole parent and have always worked.

Peaceandloveeveryone Sun 10-Jul-16 21:10:51

Somerhill is actually in Tonbridge though, that's quite a commute from Tunbridge Wells. Rosehill is a lovely school, not had DC there but friends have and I visited for prep matches.

Lisa2912 Mon 11-Jul-16 15:48:31

We moved to Sevenoaks two years ago (from near Ashford) and had to find a school for our 9 and 11 year olds - we chose Sevenoaks Prep, and I am so happy we did. It's not selective, is very family focussed and supportive and has dealt brilliantly with my very academic daughter (scholarship to next school) and my son with "issues". Couldn't recommend them highly enough but.... there are also other brilliant schools around here, talking to other parents. Think about what you want to happen in the future (would you think about grammar schools, in which case Sevenoaks may not be perfect) or independent schools? Is the London commute important (much longer from TW)? Visit lots of schools to get a feel for them. I was so nervous about making the wrong choice that I tracked down somebody who used to teach at the school, who put me in touch (via about three other people!) with current parents, and I met them and talked to them about their view of the school before we committed. It's a huge move, especially if you don't have friends or family here, so do lots of research! Good luck

Peaceandloveeveryone Mon 11-Jul-16 17:23:06

I have friends who are very happy with Sevenoaks prep too.

GardenOfEngland Fri 22-Jul-16 11:18:32

I have heard good things about hilden grange and hilden oaks school in tonbridge/hildenborough

www.isc.co.uk/schools/england/kent/tonbridge/hilden-grange-school/

www.isc.co.uk/schools/england/kent/tonbridge/hilden-oaks-school-nursery/

Peaceandloveeveryone Fri 22-Jul-16 15:57:17

My dds were at Hilden Oaks and very happy there. A new headmistress started last year, a few parents are moving their DC now, might be worth asking current parents as I don't know what changes have been implemented.

I pulled my ds out of Hilden Grange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now