Possibly Moving to Deal

(4 Posts)
ChutneyPickles Sun 31-Jul-16 23:38:15

Does anyone know the area well as far as schools and community please.

Freshairatlast Tue 09-Aug-16 09:57:39

Hello, my reply is a little late, but if it helps:
I can't answer your question about schools because I home-educate but I do spend part of the year living in Walmer, next to Deal. The community is fabulous and very family orientated - lots of local village events especially in the summer and everyone seems to attend. You can't walk your dog or kids along the beach (which has a lovely flat 2 mile promenade) without chatting to strangers. The teenagers are very respectful and when you see them wandering around they are usually on the way to or from a job working in the shops, hotels and restaurants. Crime is low and the area feels very safe. Deal is more refined but still small and friendly, it reminds me of the Kemp Town part of Brighton (where I have also lived) and the Brighton Lanes. We stumbled across it when looking for property elsewhere and thought the prices were good value.

ChutneyPickles Sun 14-Aug-16 19:04:12

Thanks for your response, Freshairatlast, much appreciated.
Walmer is also a possibility, as we recently visited and liked, so very interested in your thoughts.

beach09 Sun 21-Aug-16 18:18:12

Sandwich is just a few miles down the road and has excellent primary and secondary schools. Its a lovely quaint town, with parks and a river. Very family friendly. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now