Living between Kent and London

(5 Posts)
fairyflax18 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:24:10

Hi all,

I hope someone could help me out!

My dd is thinking of moving to Kent next year for uni while her so is moving to London to work. Without a car, travelling between the two will be a bit of an issue! Can anyone recommend a good in between town or village for them to check out to live in or even a reliable commuting route? Am a bit overwhelmed with google maps! blush confused

Thank you in advance!

Sapphiredelight Fri 02-Sep-16 20:34:10

Kent is a biggish place with a number of train lines where in Kent and where in London do they need and maybe we can make suggestions.

fairyflax18 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:45:49

Sorry I should have mentioned it blush she will be in Canterbury and he will be working in Canary Wharf! We're not familar with the area so we dont know where to begin! confused

Sapphiredelight Fri 02-Sep-16 20:55:30

Right then it is possible but hard to commute Canterbury to London but I would suggest looking at north Kent (faversham, sittingbourne, Medway towns and Gravesend) they are all commutable to both locations and there are coaches that go straight to canary wharf as well as train options. They are reasonably cheap areas to live but not the most attractive.
One other factor is there are 2 unis in Canterbury one is in the town centre (Christ Church) and one is out of town at the top of a steep hill (Kent) you would need to factor this into journey times.

fairyflax18 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:22:38

Thats brilliant! Thanks for your help! I'll get her to start researching your suggestions!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now