Claremont Tunbridge Wells

(4 Posts)
StarTravels Fri 09-Sep-16 10:50:47

We currently live in Tonbridge but plan to move to Tunbridge Wells. We are looking in the Village area and are hoping that we would be able to send our son to Claremont primary. I realise it's very difficult to get into though and there's no catchment area, but which streets would you consider "safe" for getting a place?

Thanks for your help.

Dad54 Fri 09-Sep-16 11:49:43

Probably a tent in the school playground?

Seriously though, I have heard 0.1 miles mentioned! Its very very popular and lots of siblings apparently make the places very tough to get

Twunk Fri 09-Sep-16 13:29:34

Every year the catchment is smaller and so many get in on the "sibling rule" that there are often few spaces available, even for extremely close-by streets.

Middlemelbourne Fri 09-Sep-16 13:31:44

No streets are safe but I think you should be ok with Claremont Road (but not past Arundel Road), Banner Farm Road, Cambridge Gardens and Camden Hill. How old is your son? The school does ask parents if they have siblings who will be needing places around a year in advance - that indicates how many places there will be for first-borns. Do call the office. They are used to these enquiries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now