Feeling lonely in cranbrook, anyone like to join me for a coffee?

(8 Posts)
NewToCranbrook Tue 11-Oct-16 18:08:53

We moved to cranbrook about 2 months a go and I love the town but I'm starting to feel a bit lonely. I'm not the most confident person in a group of people and I'm struggling when I go to baby groups. It's like I clam up!
I've got a little boy who is 19 months and I think he needs some company too. Would anybody like to meet for a coffee or something?

Just bumping this for you, what about TWells? There might be more going on there. It will get better honestly. flowers

BCBG Tue 11-Oct-16 21:42:03

Hi - feel for you but it will get better, honestly! My DCs are more or less grown up so I'm not going to be much help, but what I would say is that it took me a long time too, and that even if you clam up at baby groups, keep, keep, keep going, because your LO will start to make friends and so will you. Two months is honestly not long. Tenterden (where I live) is bigger, only the minutes away and has a lot more going on, so if you are mobile, pop over here, lots of baby and toddler swim classes etc. Really hope someone more your age pops up - otherwise I'll come and have a coffee just to cheer you up! Round here most people you will meet will live in a string of interconnected villages and towns, so cast your net a bit wider too. But basically, just keep going! x

FrazzledInCranbrook Wed 12-Oct-16 12:07:11

Have you been up to the children's centre yet? Have a look on the website or give them a call to see what's on. My kids used to really enjoy the Messy Play session on Friday afternoons. And it's a good chance to get chatting to some other parents while the kids play. There's also a toddler group run by the church, I think. And Messy Church on the 2nd Monday of every month. I found it quite hard with little ones but that really changed when they started school and suddenly there was an instant network of people to get to know!

FrazzledInCranbrook Wed 12-Oct-16 12:09:26

Also, the swimming pool does parent & toddler sessions up at the Weald Leisure centre. Might be fun for you both?

FrazzledInCranbrook Wed 12-Oct-16 12:16:08

Oh, and the library used to do a rhyme time session which was great, with songs and instruments and toys to play with. Sorry, I know you're not asking for a list of activities but I'm remembering the places it was fairly easy to strike up conversation and sometimes meet someone friendly and nice! Actually, the best place for that was always the little playground up past the church. I was never very keen on baby groups tbh.

MrsOgg Wed 12-Oct-16 17:20:34

I'm in Tonbridge with a ten month old if you fancy coming over?

Dunwhingin Fri 14-Oct-16 21:27:01

I second the childrens centre plan, they are lovely up there and its a very active group. Try the library too, there is usually plenty going on there as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now