Local Talk

Err...hello? Anyone here yet?

(30 Posts)
SouthernLights Fri 08-May-09 15:05:45

Seems kinda quiet...presume everyone's still on the Tonbridge board?

SouthernMeerkat Fri 08-May-09 20:51:53

I was wondering that too!

AnaKi Sun 10-May-09 21:36:49

Well, there's 3 of us now
Do you live in TW or nearby?
I live in St James area.
I gotta go to bed now but will be checking this thread soon.

SouthernLights Mon 11-May-09 06:53:05

Down near the station.

SouthernLights Mon 11-May-09 06:53:41

Should have said town centre station, sorry.

mews Wed 13-May-09 10:21:47

Hi I'm new to this site so have come in on the tail end of this message chat but it seems to be seeing whether anyone is available to meet up? If so I would be interested in joining in. If I've got the wrong end of the stick then apologies but would be interested in a coffee group if one could be recommended

AnaKi Wed 13-May-09 15:15:24

Hi Mews,
We are kind of getting to know each other, as this local group is veeery new.

We could meet somewhere in Town or in a park or we could probably join someone at their local playgroups/baby-toddler-mum groups.
I usually go to:
St Augustines Church on Weds from 10am
St James Church on Thurs from 10:15am
and on Fri to Baptist Church from 9:30am.

Also, in case anyone is interested.. this coming Monday there's a sling meet. Anyone that likes carrying/or would like to carry their babies/toddlers is more than welcome to come. I will be there as well. Check here We do this once a month.

What do you think?

mews Thu 14-May-09 10:17:49

I'm very relaxed about where / when etc as we haven't really joined any baby groups outside the baby rhyme at the library. The Mother/baby group at St James was recommended to me the other day so I was planning to come along to that next week anyhow. However I would love to join you at th sling meet on Monday. We have plans for Monday lunchtime but will come along at 10.30 to the park to say hello if that's ok.

foofi Thu 14-May-09 10:56:05

I'm in TW - but as I don't have little ones I'm not really interested in daytime meet-ups with toddlers etc, but if it's mums' nights out you're interested in, give me a shout! grin

AnaKi Thu 14-May-09 14:14:14

Oh cool! Looking forward to meeting you on Monday Mews and anybody else interested.
(If bad weather it will be in my house so please pass me your email address so I can send you an email or join the group and thread at Slingmeet.co.uk and I will send you a pm)
I went to the library last Tue but we don't join the singing anymore blush as my DD prefers reading books about dinosaurs now!
DS was sleeping in my sling (mei tai) as usual.

Hi foofi, I won't be able to join you for a mums' night out but hopefully some others will. Welcome anyway

dollius Fri 15-May-09 18:35:28

I'm in Wadhurst and we are fairly new to the area. Anyone else nearby?

mews Mon 18-May-09 08:31:17

Hi Anaki, I've looked at this a little to late to get your address and given the weather I'm thinking that you won't be meeting in the park!!

Instead I will come along to the Mums and Baby group on Thursdy and I will look out for you their and would love to say hello.

To dollius I'm not sur how close Wdhurst is to T Wells also being newish to the area and having no sense of direction but I hope you are close enough to meet or come along to a mum and baby group....

AnaKi Mon 18-May-09 08:54:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Piglet09 Mon 18-May-09 12:16:54

hi im new to this. im in tunbridge wells southborough.. whats new and happening.? I have a 4mont baby girl called lilly. and we just wanna meet new people with other little tots.. xblush

AnaKi Fri 22-May-09 09:14:32

Hi dollius and piglet09, welcome!
My Ds is 4 months as well. Hope we can arrange a meet up soon.
I'll be at Grosvenor Park this morning with a friend. Fancy coming?
If you're trying to find us... my DD is 2+yo, you'll probably see her running around everywhere. And I will be carrying my DS.
(My withdrawn message was myphone number that I left for Mews in case she checked that morning)
Hey Mews, did you go to St James?

mews Thu 28-May-09 09:05:11

Hi Anaki,

Yes I went to St James' I was in the baby area with the baby that went to sleep about half way through. I'll be going again on Friday as I thought the atmosphere was really nice & friendly.

Otherwise if everyone still wants to meet how about monday moring in the park? Apparently the weather should have improved by then........

mews Thu 28-May-09 09:19:28

Just realised that it is actually today not tomorrow and that it is canceled this week for half term ! However woukld still like to meet up on Monday if anyone else is around.

Mews

AnaKi Fri 29-May-09 03:33:00

Hope you can meet up. I'll be away for 1+ weeks. Will check when I come back.
Mews, I was there on thrus as well. See you some other time.

Eggshell Mon 01-Jun-09 15:09:08

Hello all,

Sorry to gate crash the thread but I've very recently become a mum and although housebound at the mo due to a caesaren would love to get to know people and to know what groups are out in TW. I'm new to the area and to being a mum so don't know anyone nor which mother/baby groups are based where and when. Wld appreciate your help? I'm based in the St Johns area of TW.

Looking forward to chatting.

Thanks

BuggyWorkout Fri 12-Jun-09 14:02:04

Hi Everyone - I'm a local mum of four and have set up Buggy Workout for anyone who wants to meet other new mums and get a bit of exercise too. We still have a coffee (or lunch!) and chat with our babies / toddlers after an hour of exercise in the park - the cake tastes much better after that!!

We meet at Dunorlan Park outside the cafe on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10.30 - 11.30. I know this sounds like a bit of an advert but it is a really nice way to meet new mums as the class is really sociable with loads of opportunities to chat and make new friends.

More info on www.buggy-workout.com including my number if you'd prefer to ask me things in person!

MonkeysMom06 Mon 15-Jun-09 21:14:36

Hi Hi. I am sooo excited to have found this thread !! We moved to TW 6 weeks ago and know very few people ! I have 2 girls (2.5 yrs and 7 months) and would love to meet other moms and make some new friends esp for my DD1 (who was in nursery 4 days a week and is now stuck at home with me and baby sister!!). We live walking distance from Dunorlan Park and at the moment have a class on a Monday and Thursday morning. Is there anything going on that we could join?

AnaKi Thu 18-Jun-09 20:54:39

Hi Eggshell and congrats on becoming a mum!
Monkeymom06, my dd is 2.5yrs next week and my dd is 5mo.
I live really close to St James Church, so... very close to Dunorland as well.
For all the new mums try to get hold of The Grapevine, it's a magazine about families and children, activities and all useful things to know around west kent. Go to the library, they should have some. There you'll find lots of groups.
I've mentioned before (see above) the 3 groups I go to. Let me know if you are coming so we can meet.

AnaKi Fri 10-Jul-09 14:30:43

Where is everyone? [waving hello emoticon]

Eggshell Wed 22-Jul-09 18:12:19

Hi,

Haven't been on this thread much but DD appears to be settling down a bit now and allowing me to at least do a few things during the day (she's now 10 weeks).

Anyway I somehow stumbled on a site for Sling Meets - and without being thick (blame sleep deprivation if this is obvious) wondered what these where? I also saw that there is one in August in TW, can anyone come along?

Also does anyone go to or tried First Friends at St Johns, I'm thinking about going on Tuesday?

Take care Eggshell

AnaKi Mon 03-Aug-09 10:00:09

Hi Eggshell,
I always go the slingmeets. I have since my dd was born 2.5 years ago. I loved them in London and love them here.
Here in West Kent we meet for a picnic and bring along all of our slings (wraps, ring slings, pouches, mei tais, etc) and we share tips, try lots of slings, show new mamas how to use them, etc. Anyone can come along, the more the merrier. grin
You can register and join our threads, one for August should start soon.
Pls let me know if you are coming.
I have also been thinking about going to St Johns as I have Tue free. They might be closed for the holidays though.
Hope someone else can tell you about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now