Local Talk

A thread for the Ayrshire mums to catch up and generally pass the time of day.

(163 Posts)
macdog Tue 11-Aug-09 17:37:26

How is everyone??
DottyPS? Irvinemum? Anyone else??

Anyone going to Pre-5 Playday in Nethermains Hall tomorrow?

2 sessions : 10.30 - 12.30 and 12.30 - 3.30

Soft play, messy play and just a chance to let them cut loose for a while

I'm going to both sessions, it's my local hall.

irvinemum Tue 11-Aug-09 21:51:52

i,m sure go to 1 of them if i can find the place lol i mite c u there then

macdog Wed 12-Aug-09 08:01:42

Nethermains Hall is here

irvinemum Wed 12-Aug-09 09:19:55

i,m giving it miss today my hubby off work so we,re having some family time so i see u on the friday 1 hun i hope u have good time

macdog Thu 13-Aug-09 19:26:04

Howdy all!

Everyone else counting down the hours till school/nursery starts??

Can't be just me surely hmm

DollyPS Fri 14-Aug-09 01:45:41

Tis DOLLY hahahaha

but like Dotty too or are you trying to tell me some thing lol!!!!!!

Kids are 12 mind well 12 and now 13 for the twins ooooh teens I have again.

I aint counting down at all as the kids have been great this year with the hols and we have been out and about and I havent heard the words "I'm bored" thank god.

Kids back in 4 days and they are the ones to keep telling me as they want to catch up with their mates bless

macdog Fri 14-Aug-09 05:23:28

blush

Think it says more about me.

I am so sorry, I am such a scatty mare sometimes

DollyPS Fri 14-Aug-09 16:02:13

tis funny to be called Dotty though and nowt wrong woth being scatty either LOL!!!!!!

Is the littley asking to go back to nursery now. I remember mine at that age and them asking for weeks when do we go back and me telling em not yet.

I have been having a lazy day today as its pissing down here again.

How about you lot then

DollyPS Fri 14-Aug-09 16:03:28

My you were up early there mind so was I to with the youngest lad but he slept 8 hours so I didnt mind the early rise. I got all my housework done to boot and he help with it too bless.

macdog Fri 14-Aug-09 17:30:57

woke up teetering on the brink of falling out the bed - dh was slowly but surely pushing me out!!

Got up, MNed and FBed for a bit then met Irvinemum at the tots playday.

dd has been asking for about the last fortnight if she's going back to nursery - lol grin

Got absolutely drenched walking back from Ardeer to bus stop, but dd and I snuggled up in dressing gowns watching Tom & Jerry on DVD

DollyPS Sat 15-Aug-09 00:04:07

tis been raining a lot today hasnt it. Kids are asking where is this and that for going back to school now LOL!!!!!

Hope you both had a fab day out though minus the rain though.

At the mo we have in the house hannah montana and the suite life which I hate.

they also watch big brother as I do to at times.

irvinemum Sat 15-Aug-09 01:13:21

dolly it was lovely day cos we were inside but it was heavy rain yay lucky my girls loves rain we looked like 2 wet dogs when we got home yay
thanks macday 4 a lovely time have good time tuesday

DollyPS Sat 15-Aug-09 01:27:09

good I had me early rise and mostly had a jammy day with the kids.

Then on here for a bit and had to listen to my mother bitch at me that wasnt good thats for sure but thats another thread there hen

DollyPS Sat 15-Aug-09 14:12:21

hello everyone still in the land of the living I hope

Been getting the last of the school stuff but cant find coats anywhere that fit arghhhhhhh

macdog Sat 15-Aug-09 18:06:51

Nightmare! Can't even think of anywhere to recommned as you've probably tried them all

macdog Sat 15-Aug-09 18:07:31

recommned????

Og FFS, I'm off for a lie down in a dark room!

irvinemum Sat 15-Aug-09 19:07:30

aww that sound sad lying in a dark room i,m knitting yay

macdog Sat 15-Aug-09 19:21:37

took dd swimming today - great fun. She even swam in the big pool "COOOOOOLD"

DollyPS Sat 15-Aug-09 19:33:48

cool now does that make her a big girl then hen.

Nowt wrong with the spelling mistakes I do it too all the time actually,

I got coats after all at Irvine Primark woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

No shoes for the lad and he is a size 7 so men sizes there and they are so bloody dear oh well black trainers me thinks.

Of to Argos the mora for bags for them and then I am all set I think cos I bet I forgot something I do it every year by the way LOL!!!!!

macdog Sun 16-Aug-09 09:47:02

she swims without armbands, but in the wee pool she gets lazy and keeps her feet on the ground.
Might try taking her in the big pool every time we go, get her used to proper swimming

Glad you got their coats at last.
So weird to think that that's the summer over

Was going to go to the Marymass Horse show in Eglinton today, but the weather is against us. Maybe it'll clear later

Macdog Mon 17-Aug-09 19:11:15

How did their first day go Dolly??

Macdog Wed 19-Aug-09 08:26:53

U2 gig was spectacular! grin

Macdog Wed 19-Aug-09 17:31:16

dd back at nursery today.

Am shattered after late night last night and REALLY hope she goes to bed early

How's everyone else??

how are the big 'uns doing at school Dolly??

DollyPS Fri 21-Aug-09 15:28:13

the big uns are loving it and we are looking to send the man back to school as well. He is on his meds now for his ADHD and he hasnt shut up LOL!!!!! So much for calming him down eh.

I give them a month to kick in and then we'll take it from there for him bless.

hectic here as usual sweetie but what can I expect eh what with having loads of kids and steppies.

Need to clear a day for a natter and a coffee. So what do you say. That includes Irvinemum to by the way. Should be fun.

You went to the U2 gig I am so jealous jammy git you are LOL!!!!!!!!

How are the littleys taking to the nurseries then and have you had the painted pics home to be given pride of place yet.

Macdog Fri 21-Aug-09 17:08:11

No pics yet, lol give it time......

still at sixes and sevens trying to get used to routine again, but will keep in touch and maybe get a day sorted in a couple of weeks???

Glad you're ok Dolly, keep in touch smile

DollyPS Fri 21-Aug-09 18:22:43

Sounds a plan and I was the same when they returned to school and going oh do I have to get up now as the hols where so care free. Oh well back to the grind. grin

irvinemum Sat 22-Aug-09 09:16:51

i,m back been very busy this week my wee girl started playschool this week she had a ball i,ve found it odd not having my girl around but i,m getting use to it now i hope ur all well i,m taking the wee to ballpit today 2 pass so time yay

DollyPS Sat 22-Aug-09 14:21:49

well I have been busy with the house again as I do the catch up at weekends as I teach all week. Hubby helps there as I wouldnt have it any other way as it is I work he works so we both do it. Hate it but needs doing LOL!!!!!!

I'm wondering what I'll do once the youngest lad goes off to high school as I will be so bored.

I might do an OU course on teaching or refresh my English and Maths as they are a bit rusty but I know what I am doing. I love numbers strange lass I am so an accountant course as well sounds dandy too

Hark me eh thinking of the future already ah well at the mo they are dreams and some dreams might just come true.

So I will be back to this as a natter and a coffee appeal to me but I will still do the catch up on here to. Seens I'm in this bit a lot catching up. Love it.

Off the noo folks and will be back later.

Macdog Sat 22-Aug-09 20:22:26

Well, anyone go to Marymass??

We avoided it nicely grin

irvinemum Sun 23-Aug-09 11:45:54

morning all i never went 2 marymass far too busy 4 me as i alway get lost so i when to saltcoat and got some bargains yay i hope ur all well and life is good

Macdog Sun 23-Aug-09 18:16:50

Went to Culzean yesterday and Pollock House today - National Trust members, so free days out smile

irvinemum Mon 24-Aug-09 00:38:40

culzean is that the castle i,ve not been there was it nice i,ve never been how have u been mac and how every1 else

DollyPS Mon 24-Aug-09 01:03:11

tis lovely at culzean actually NT members too.

Lad loves it there and we do lots of history subjects so he knows what he is asking loves it.

Anyone want a 12 year old lad that never shuts up the now just for a few days LOL!!!!!!!!

Whats Pollock house like then Mac.

Macdog Mon 24-Aug-09 09:29:29

Pollock House quite boring TBH. All about the art, not very gripping for a liitle person.

Grounds are nice, Burrell Collection there too. Mountain bike trails etc.

Culzean has got gorgeous grounds, Irvinemum.
Lots of space to run around and explore. we go there a lot

There is an activity running at moment for members where you have to find four Gnashers (from the Beano) at each Scottish property. We are half way to the goodie bag. Will get the others when we're on holiday up north

starshaker Mon 24-Aug-09 20:08:32

hi all thought id join in.

Culzean is is fab and so close. dd loves to feed the ducks. Does anybody ever go to pirate petes

Macdog Mon 24-Aug-09 20:38:37

Yay!!
Hi Starshaker and welcome!!

Not been to Pirate Pete's, any good??
Been to the one in Prestwick before.

We had a good one in Saltcoats (Apollo) , but apparently all the good stuff has been removed recently.

I am a coward and avoid soft play wherever possible grin

Andrea157 Tue 25-Aug-09 15:46:06

Hello All,

I'm new to this site and was just wondering if any mums meet up in the Irvine Area at all? I live in Lawthorn and don't know many folk from here, as I'm originally from Clydebank and moved to Irvine 6 years ago when I got married. Just had a little girl 3.5 months ago and feel a wee bit isolated.

Have heard through my health visitor that there is a baby/toddler group in Lanfine Halls - does anyone attend this group? It would be lovely to meet up as I'm kind of just stuck in the house most days, although I do take the little one to the park when it's nice outside - but so far I've not met any local mums at all and it would be great company for me and the little one (so she could babble to other little folk

Thanks

Macdog Tue 25-Aug-09 17:13:25

Hi Andrea and welcome!

We are trying to get a meet-up going, but it is a bit chaotic at the moment. we tend to spend more time chatting here smile

Parent & Toddler groups are a good way to meet mums in your area. Hope you have fun if you go.

I go to a Parent & Child swimming class at Auchenharvie, if that's something that interests you?
It's nursery rhymes in the water, basically getting the babies used to being in the water. Thursdays 1-1.30. My dd is 3 now, but there are smaller babies go, from 10 weeks.

Hope everyone else is well, and I'll catch up soon, x

DollyPS Tue 25-Aug-09 19:04:21

wow a baby in our midsts awwww how cute and welcome aboard folks more the merrier.

I'm not Irvine myself but I do travel. I'm Kilmarnock Homeschooling the now with a 12 year so we have a lot of different ages here which is nice. 12 year lad will be returning to school in a few weeks as this is his wish.

I'd say go along to the mother and baby group and see how you fit in and take it from there Andrea if you dont like it try another as I found some can be a bit OTT at times and some of the mums have made friends and dont want another in the mix but do try and get out more.

if you feel isolated at all even that walk to the park and this is a tip for you smile at everyone they may think your a nutter but you'll feel so much better in yourself too.

whats pirate petes are we talking star hen as I have never been myself any good at all as lad might be 12 but relates much better to younger ones and is such a great helper to them ask Macdog. So if we went he wouldnt feel out of place as such.

Mac and Irvinemum our numbers are growing.WOOHOO!!!!!!

So how is everyone then as my lad hasnt shut up now for 3 days at least he slept last night maybe the ritalin is working after all.Its the no stop chattering he is doing that is a tad much the now. I am sending him to the hubbies work the mora. LOL!!!!!

Macdog Tue 25-Aug-09 19:20:18

We're getting a fair crowd now!!

Pirate Pete's website

Glad all yours are settling, Dolly. Keeping fingers crossed all goes well with the lad

Andrea157 Tue 25-Aug-09 20:48:06

Thank you very kindly for the lovely welcomeand thanks for the great advice, I will give the Baby and Toddler group a whirl, although I do have to say I'm a tad shy until I get to know folk a little better blush, it's weird considering I work for the NHS and talk to various different folk throughout the day, or did do until I went on Mat leave!!

I would love to give the Parent and Child swimming classes a go, but I have no idea where Auchenharvie it is and sadly I don't drive (except my husband up the wall...occasionally. Is it far away?

DollyPS Tue 25-Aug-09 21:09:53

Andrea, Mac doesnt drive either just uses the buses but a bit different as her wee one is 3 now your wee one is 3 months. So a buggy would be a bit of a bugger getting on and off unless you have a sling that is. then all good. Mind you'll still be mastering a wee one and all that entails with it. How are you in yourself hen enjoying the baby moments or wishing for sleep or even both. Is there not a swimming pool in Irvine at all. We have the Gallon here in Kilmarnock they'll do the parent and child swimming as well. Bit of a trek again for you.

I think its different if its your job Andrea and having to talk to folks and doing it to complete strangers at a M&B meet.

Mac he has chattered for nearly 2 hours tonight but at least it isnt drivel. He has told me all about the TARDIS and why its bigger on the inside than out now that was very interesting and I was asking him how he knew this and he was telling me so not all bad, but its all the time you have to be there but guess what he is asleep WOOHOO. I think he ran out of steam tonight. LOL!!!!!

We sat and read as well which he loves now as he does voices like his mam yup I am a nutter officially as thats what I do hey I have a mean Dr Who voice well he is Scottish after all.

I usually end up with all the kids round me when I read as they say they love the voices I do as it makes the book more real aww bless em eh.

Oh and I thought I had lost me phone Mac some git had nicked it so I had to shut it down and now am awaiting another but all numbers are stored to sim so still have your numbers thank god.

Now I need to go off to asda again oh the joys not as we need shorts for a lass as our machine isnt working now that is another story all together.

DollyPS Tue 25-Aug-09 21:20:57

Mac I am so going to Pirate Petes as that looks well cool. I have 2 20 year olds wanting to go as well LOL!!!!!

irvinemum Tue 25-Aug-09 22:38:18

hi omg it,s getting busy on here hi mac hi dolly hi andrea hi any1 else we have try and meet up soon we all seem near by i know lawthorn well i got lost there few times ages ago as the other know i,m alway get lost lawthorn bit out the way u must feel alone sometime if i stayed there i would be im sure there playgroup near by u and how r u dolly well i hope
and macdog how,s ur week been now the wee back at school

Andrea157 Wed 26-Aug-09 00:20:43

Hi Guys,

Just got the wee one of to sleep at long last, absolutely shattered and I've got to be up bright and early tomorrow as I've got a GP appointment - hair is falling out and going bald as a bandicoot Not fun when your only 34 and have semi long hair!!

I totally agree DollyPS - it is totally different when I'm doing my job (talking), I could talk the ear off a dead donkey. But it's really great having some folk to "chat" to on here - all my friends either live in Dumbarton/ Clydebank / Glasgow and where I live, it's not very easy if you don't drive!!

Mac and my husband would get along famously -hubbie is an avid Doc Who fanatic - me I still get the heebie-jeebies at the Dalieks (SP?)and some other freaky characters

Love having my little one - she's just adorable, infact so does everyone else, thought that I would have to hire a security team to watch out for her when I was in the Mat Unit - everyone wanted to pinch her - but this title only goes to my mother - in -law who we've nicked named "The baby thief", every opportunity she get's she's got the bub in her arms, she even uses stealth mode when others are having a wee cuddle I'm feeling not too bad, although over the past few weeks have been particuarly stressful, husband was admitted to X-house with Pericarditis (inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart) - very scary indeed - no wonder me hair is falling out!!

Anyway guys, I'm hitting the hay as up at 6.30am and no doubt bub will want her milky milk during the early hours of the morning...what joy

Hope to catch up with you all soon,

cheeribye xx

DollyPS Wed 26-Aug-09 00:20:58

Irvine I'd get lost in my back garden so your not alone there thats for sure. LOL!!!!!!

tis busy in here eh and lovely to I might add.

Lad is still sleeping so that is a bonus. His steam ran out LOL!!!! Well 2 hours of the TARDIS would do it. teehee. I love his obsession. Dr Who.

Defo on the coffee front and a natter and to welcome others too.

DollyPS Wed 26-Aug-09 00:28:23

Andrea its my lad that is the Dr Who fan hen and he is only 12. He has ADHD and Tourettes so we leave him with his obsession as it isnt harming anyone. Well if you want to listen to him for 2 hours solid. Your hubby would love that. LOL!!!!!

by the way the hair front its to do with the pregnancy hormones leaving and of course stress with Hubby.

Hope he is on the mend hen as that must of been really scary for you both.

Awww thats lovely you have a good bond with your MIL. Mine hates me sadly but I wont bore you with the details maybe at a later date.

right of to wake hubby from couch for bed me thinks.

Macdog Wed 26-Aug-09 08:12:09

This thread is really up and running now smile

Auchenharvie is between Stevenston and Saltcoats, the big leisure centre beside the secondary school.
The No 11 bus goes straight to it, but you'd have to get to Irvine cross first.

There is a Water babies class in Irvine town centre, but it is more expensive than the one I go to

try popping in to your local library (not sure which is nearest for you). The libraries have 'Rhyme times' every month, stories and songs for babies/toddlers. Chance to meet mums too.

Hope your GP appointment goes well.

Macdog Wed 26-Aug-09 08:12:44

And I am a huge Dr Who fan too grin

starshaker Wed 26-Aug-09 09:25:46

Things dont seem to stop lol. This is the first chance ive had time to MN in days. Just seems to be appointments etc constantly at the moment lol. Pirate petes is fab and they have a mini putting round outside aswell. I like it cos dd cant escape and can spend ages without even seeing her lol so i get piece to read for a bit why she uses up all her energy

Andrea157 Wed 26-Aug-09 15:11:21

Hi All

Hope everyone is well today? I kinda guessed that Mac was your wee boy - he'd still get on with hubby though - Doctor Who daft!!

Y'know it's just grand being able to sit down for 5 minutes or so and have a wee quick natter to everyone - it's like a breath of fresh air, don't get me wrong I chit chat to hubby all the time, but it's especially nice chatting to other ladies who've had kiddie winkles and understand motherhood Yay for you all:O

Well, went to see a rather handsome trainee doctor today - he took what seemed like lots of blood samples (probably to test for thyroid / hormonal imbalances) so have a smashing great bruise on my arm...will have to slather it in arnica cream tonight! He didn't exactly say why my hair was falling out all over the place - but he did prescribe me some lovely steroid lotion...I just hope it works and my flowing hair returns to it's original state (which possibly resembles a birds nest

Thanks Macdog for the water baby info - will certainly look into it - will first have to get body in shape before I bare anything to the world. I put on 3.5 stone whilst pregnant (I was originally 8st 10lbs) and as skinny as can be - infact I looked like a bean pole, as I'm 5ft 7.5in tall - have lost most of the weight I put on (now only 9.5stone) and look frightfully thin - *note to self - must stuff chops with lots of fatty foods)but the strech marks are horrible - thank god they're on my botty

Well must go and clean the house whilst the cherub is asleep...bliss!

irvinemum Wed 26-Aug-09 15:47:17

hi girl i hope all is well sound like it aww hair i loss my hair after i had my girl it will grown back hun i have wild hair anyway yay every1 seem so busy i,m back at college tomrrow so i may be on as much but i will try get on a catch up with u all u lovely mums

Macdog Wed 26-Aug-09 16:04:14

Glad it went well smile

I'm Mac, BTW, not Dolly's lad. Easy to get confused around here grin

So fed up with this rain. took dd out to Irvine today with her new waterproofs on - they work!!!

so nice to finally get some chatter going here!!

DollyPS Wed 26-Aug-09 19:07:47

Mac did she have her wellies on and went asplashing I love doing that with the kids LOL!!! Yup me the big kid.

Andrea dont stuff yourself full with the wrong foods now. Healthy but more of. I had to have 6-8 meals a day when I lost to much weight in the past. Was rather naughty and didnt eat.

Are you breast or bottle feeding hen as you need at least 200 calories extra just for the breastfeeding alone.

At least you got to moon over the nice doc though ours are a bit on the old side for my liking LOL!!!!

Irvine what have you decided to study hen. Me nosy. I was thinking of an OU course in teaching or a brush up on my English and Maths.

It has went to a rather nice nattery thread now lovely.

So that 3 of you that love the Dr then LOL!!!!!!!

Macdog Wed 26-Aug-09 19:47:36

Of course she had her wellies on - they're practically welded to her feet at the moment!! grin

Got her these waterproofs and they are rather fabby!

Am shattered. Took her round the park on her wee trike when the rain stoppped. really don't know where she gets the energy from.

DollyPS Wed 26-Aug-09 21:41:31

they do look fab hen. All cosy and dry against the elements. Bet she loved it being out in her finery and the wellies.

We wear wellies here a lot seeing as its a farm and there is muck everywhere and its easier to have them on and take of at the door.

Owl was out again god that screaming it does is a bit creepy at times. The baby bats are coming along.

We have feral kittens as well and are trying to catch them to give to cat protection as its getting cold of a night now and the winter is coming and I dont want them out in that cold weather.

So manic here again. Lads and Lass say hi by the way. Asking after your wee one as well bless em.

They all want to know when we are meeting up again as they loved it. Need to keep an eye out on the press for the things next year eh, but in the meantime we will have to organize something sooner for a blether and the kids can play away to their hearts content.

Andrea157 Wed 26-Aug-09 23:55:02

Ooohh DollyPS do you live on a farm? If so do you have little wee lambs (they'll probably be bigger now) It's been a life long ambition of mine to feed or hold a wee lamb...they're my favourite animal next to baby elephants....get's major excited

Will try and eat as healthy as possible - I looked at my baby bible and it mentions that you have to take at least 1000 extra calories per day if your breast feeding - which I kind of am....cos I've been so poorly with so many cold over the past few months my left booby has gone AWOL, but the right one is still going strong - so I compliment the little ones feeds with some powdered baby milk - it's not what I would have liked though - I really miss not being able to breast feed her on the left booby

We live just past the Lawthorn farm pub - and it's a wee tad spooky round our bit too -I nearly had an eye out the other evening when a bat flew just above my head, there is also a few owls too, when they twitt - a -woo, it reminds me of horror movies, there's also the cow's mooing and the sheep baaa baaing, it's a bit annoying especially when it's 4:00am. Funny thing happened a few months back, think it might have been in January at some point...I was walking down the road to the bus stop and there's this big massive grassy verge on the other side of the road - you're all going to wet yourselves at this bit...so I'm walking along in almost pitch blackness and I see this white thing on the grassy verge, first I thought it was a Polar bear then as I get closer I thought it was a sheep (that had escaped from the farm)....but once I was up close enough I discovered it was a little horse that had decided to run amok...hubby thought I was winding him up when I called him to phone the farmer and tell him the bleedin' thing had gone on the rampage!!..Polar bear indeed

Well have been up since 6:00am and I'm now a wee bit on the tired side - so I'll say nighty night to you all. xx

DollyPS Thu 27-Aug-09 00:45:14

How has your left boob went AWOL hen sorry I am such a nosy bugger here. Isnt there a breastfeeding advisor near you for a helping hand or is that not what happens now. I have heard they are cutting services everywhere and my last child is 12 now so a bit rusty in that department.

supplamenting the feeds doesnt make you a failure hen you have done good rememeber that.

Polar Bear eh in Scotland PMSL!!!!!! Poor horse was most likely scared shitless.

Our farm isnt a working one anymore hen hasnt been for 7 or 8 years now but there is cows in the field for the other farms here. Mostly milking ones here.

If you hear the twit a woo there is 2 owls about and bats are an endangered species now so you cant touch or move them.

Lad loves his Owl as is a gorse little bugger and watches her go in for the kill. Yuck. He also loves the bats as the babies are now flying and he can hear them I cant but he can and goes out to them. I hate bats but I endure them for the lad. He has done essays on them and knows loads of facts.

Oh when its lambing season ask the farmer if you can help out but you'll never do it again as it stinks to high heaven. I helped out a long time ago now and it was lovely to see them born but not the smell it was disgusting.

We needed the farm because of the size of house as we are a large family and we have a lot of dogs here to. We are what you'd call a blended family or step family. hectic here as always but I love it most of the time LOL!!!!!!

Andrea157 Thu 27-Aug-09 06:15:29

G'Morning all,

Well DollyPS, possibly the reason why my left booby went AWOL is that I've had so many colds over the past few months, the last one was particularly quite bad (thought I had the piggy flu) so I've just been drained of energy which resulted in a poor milk flow - there might be a breastfeeding counsellor in my area, not very sure, would have to ask Health Visitor - but I think it's too late now for any kind of resurrection Booby doesn't even produce anything, even if I use the breast pump...still all is not lost, the right one is fine and dandy, so this get's used on a regular basis along with top up bottle feeds!

Bats don't bother me so much -we've got a few nesting in one of the neighbours alcoves of her house, I see it quite reguarly - haven't told neighbour though, I'm sure she'd freak out if she knew shock.

Forgive me for asking, do you foster kids? - if so, I think this is such a great thing to do and well done for doing it, requires lots of zing I would imagine

I know, the Polar bear story always raises a few smiles from a few folk...it's so embarrassingblush, but in all honesty, it was pitch black and all I could see was this white thing wandering about D'oh!

Bidding everyone a lovely day what ever your all doing

Andrea157 Thu 27-Aug-09 06:16:38

P/S: good luck with college Irvinemum, hope all goes well for you

Macdog Thu 27-Aug-09 07:59:39

Some breastfeeding support groups here, one in Irvine Central Hospital
You are doing really well to keep going on one boob!

PMSL at Polar bear story grin, when I was in my old flat I thought there was a pony in the back garden one night - turned out to be an Irish Wolfhound!!

swimming with dd today, tires her out nicely!

have a good day folks, catch up soon

DollyPS Thu 27-Aug-09 13:35:53

Dont foster hen just took on OH kids along with mine and dont faint we have 10 between us. so thats 5 each and we have 6 sometimes 7 staying with us. 3 have flown the nest. Hence the bigger property and its rented as the council dont do 5 bedroom properties. They also wouldnt put 2 houses together as some of the kids could leave the house and should apply for their own homes as if as some where not ready for that at all but did they listen did they feck. So the private sector for us all the way. Sorry to hear that you have been really poorly as that does bugger up milk supply. If you get a good un from the breastfeeding whatsits they may be able to get the other boob working I say maybe here.

Mac they wolfhounds are huge but still chuckling at you thinking it was a pony though

Mine was thinking that I could see a baby in the field naked I might add and it turn out to be a plastic bag. See our eyes play tricks on us.

swimming eh havent been in years and need to go back as its the best exercise even if your faffing about with the kids in the water. LOL!!!!!!

Hope eveyone is having a fab day now catch up later

Andrea157 Thu 27-Aug-09 14:19:47

Have no idea were you get the energy from DollyPS - I'm tired all the time just looking after my wee precious bundle of absolute joy - she's now started to roll about the place - she can also stand (assisted) so I doubt she'll be crawling for long before she's up and scooting about the place..help me boab!

Going to try and put her new cotbed up at the weekend...should be a laugh

How was your day at college irvinemum?
Thank you macdog for the great advice re: breastfeeding in ACH will certainly try and get along there to see if they can do anything with this darned booby, may I just say that you know absolutely heaps of info...and I know absolutely squat I sure do have baby brain!!

Little one is fast asleep since 12noon and it's now 2:18pm best go and get things organised for her as she'll be extra hungry when she wakes up...possibly a bit grumpy too, as she's teething. Catch up with you all soon

Macdog Thu 27-Aug-09 18:03:13

hey, we're onto our third page!!!

I went to a (sadly defunct) BF group here when dd was little. It was a big help even just to sit and have a natter.
I ran a Toddler group for a while last year, so got to know the sorts of things that are going on around the area.

If I hear of anything going on, I'll put it up here. I like to keep my ear to the ground grin

DollyPS Fri 28-Aug-09 15:43:29

well its been busy busy here thats for sure with the lad.

We have got back into a routine of lessons once again and I am looking to return him to school in about a fortnight.

I'm wondering if the local one will take him as his sibs are there or it will be another.

I'm hoping for a clean slate for him at what ever school he goes to. I just hope it isnt a disaster for him. He isnt a shy lad either very vocal he is. Just a bit immature for his age.

energy whats that I am knackered everyday LOL!!!!!!!

Action plans everywhere for the boys as they forget things. Kept simple for them of course as if its too long forget it.

Its never quiet here thats for sure. I love it most of the time.

Off again others are home now and I need to sort the tea out.

catch up in a bit folks.

Macdog Sat 29-Aug-09 21:04:47

Hello and how is everyone???

spent a busy afternoon (hopefully) fixing hut roof - am now covered in bitumen.

using some Tesco vouchers tomorrow to go to Loudoun Castle - dd's favourite place grin

just hope the weather holds..........

DollyPS Sun 30-Aug-09 01:17:52

Mac Loudoun is way to exspensive glad you have some vouchers to go with hen

So how is everyone then.

we went out today just for a muck about and we are all of to pirate petes the mora as Al loved it during the week so we are taking the other two this time.

Of to check out the racket that is being make outside again as I think its the cats we have.

Macdog Sun 30-Aug-09 09:47:27

With the vouchers it costs us £1 each to get in - don't pay for dd this year grin

Glad the lad liked Pirate Pete's - we can maybe meet you there one of these weekends, and try to get a big meet-up happening??

Off out in a bit got to get picnic organised!
Keep fingers crossed for a dry(ish) day

DollyPS Sun 30-Aug-09 20:48:14

Mac how did that go hen as it peed down here all day sadly.

Hope it was ok weather for all for the picnic though.

Where did everyone go????????

We didnt go to Pirate Petes in the end we went to the shows in Largs but it was a bit wet there so they got 45 minutes and we left.

Nice to know the vouchers came in handy then hen as Loudoun is on the dear side.

well of again as I need to get some shopping AGAIN.

Andrea157 Sun 30-Aug-09 22:31:46

Hi all,

Hope everyone has had a great weekend Been very busy this weekend, tried and failed to get the wee one's cotbed up....house looked like a bomb site, so hubby took the bub to see grandma and grandpa for the day whilst I blitzed the house back into some kind of shape, which resulted in me breaking my back in half...anyone know of a good chiropractor

Also have to organise the Christening, who to invite and who not to invite...it's a bit like our wedding - left out my snooty 2nd cousin (man...she really is soooo snooty) and even to this day (6 years later) she still doesn't talk to megrin which suits me fine! She never invited us whenever her children got married and we never seen her anyway, except when it was Xmas and she sent a card...even that has now stopped...Ha'ra! Do you think I'm being a tad mean??

Anyway hubby will have to carry me to bed (anyone'd think it was my honeymoon), but I can barely stand, never mind walk as back is about to give out on me

Hope everyone is well.

Catch up with you all soon.

Macdog Mon 31-Aug-09 08:04:26

Andrea, If you are serious about a chiropracter there is one in Saltcoats

Chiropractic Health Care Clinic
23 Montgomerie Crescent, Saltcoats, Ayrshire, KA21 5BT
01294 462882
(she is within easy reach of the No 11 bus route)

or

Irvine Chiropractic
16 Eglinton St
Irvine, Ayrshire, KA12 8AS, United Kingdom
01294 277213
(which is in Irvine town centre)

Don't worry about family politics, invite who you want - you are supposed to enjoy the day after all smile

We had great time smile
Stayed dry till we were leaving.
Didn't realise Retrofest was on, though. Worked out fine, car park busy but not the park itself.
No queues for anything!!! grin

Andrea157 Mon 31-Aug-09 09:38:44

Hi Macdog,

Awww thanks for the info re: Chiropractors, was just having a bit of a moan though, the job that I do in the NHS involves dealing with these sort of things on a daily basis sadly!! Besides my boss would freak out if she knew I'd been to see one of these money grabbing charlatans!! Will have to self diagnose myself and get on with it!

Glad you had a lovely weekend and the weather stayed relatively dry, it's been raining here since yesterday, wish we had some lovely warm sun-shine Would be nice to take the baby to the park for some lovely fresh air and also for me to get a bit of leg stretching going on.

Macdog Mon 31-Aug-09 10:26:04

grin Andrea!
Suspected you were joking, but thought I'd cover all bases!

DollyPS Mon 31-Aug-09 13:35:13

glad the weather held then Mac.

Andrea thats funny that your boss thinks they are charlatans!!!!LOL!!!!!

When are you due back at work.

Tis a weird bank holiday here as the kids are at school today and there is post but the banks are all shut. Very strange for me as usually any bank holiday there is never any post of any kind LOL!!!!!

Have been catching up with the washing here as I was a week without a machine arghhhhhh!!!!

There were piles everywhere thank god the machine is fixed now and slowly getting there. Lunch time for us here and me and the lad are having a few sandwiches and then strawberry fool which he made himself bless.

So hope your all having a fab day now. I'm off to feed my face LOL!!!!!!

PS everyone need to set a date as the lad liked Pirate Petes and the others will too as soft play is right up their street. So when is best for everyone then. Let me know.

Macdog Tue 01-Sep-09 19:05:54

We free both days this weekend if that is any good for meeting. Weekend suits me better cos then dh can drive me grin

DollyPS Wed 02-Sep-09 01:05:39

You to then. LOL!!!! Tis sneaky of us eh but what else are they suppose to do eh haha

Ok what of everyone else then mmmm come on roll up roll up Pirate Petes in the offering and 3 big uns to mind the littleys whilst we have a natter and a cuppa. Also we can see em at all times too.

Macdog Wed 02-Sep-09 10:09:54

dh working Sunday, so how about Saturday?
What about 11 at Pirate Pete's??

Any takers?????

Macdog Fri 04-Sep-09 10:58:50

Sorry, have to cancel tomorrow.

What about next Sunday??

DollyPS Fri 04-Sep-09 14:37:22

where has everyone went Mac are we the only two left then or is everyone busy busy with everything.

Next Sunday is fine for me

Macdog Fri 04-Sep-09 16:40:00

Hope I've not scared them off shockgrin

Maybe Andrea was eaten alive at the Toddler group?? Or maybe laid up with her back??

Anyhoo, brilliant - so that's Sunday the 13th September.
What time??

Come along folks, if you can. More the merrier!! smile

DollyPS Sat 05-Sep-09 01:01:13

Lunchtime me thinks as its not to early or too late say 1 ish as I do ishes as we are never on time too many kids for that LOL!!!!!!

Andrea and Star where are you both please come back we dont bite honest not unless you ask LOL!!!!!

Mac is Irvine coming as well hen as she has been at the college all week or havent you heard owt from her.

See ya on the 13th then

Andrea157 Sat 05-Sep-09 05:26:41

Hi Guys,

Sorry I've not been on for a few days, had a family emergency - aunt in the Boarders taken seriously ill and we had to go down there - according to her 2 sons she had to be resuscitated 3 times (not a heart attack) - she was on high B/P tablets, but her B/P was dangerously low...think this is why she collapsed -thank the lord her house keeper found her in the nick of time or otherwise she wouldn't be here!!

Just got back at 01:20 went straight to bed and bub up now wanting her milk....feel as though I've been run over via tractor.

Hope to catch up with y'all soon.

Macdog Sat 05-Sep-09 09:29:18

OMG Andrea, how horrible. Hope she's on mend now.

1pm on 13th fine for me

so that's

###PIRATE PETE'S 1PM SUNDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER###

Irvinemum, Star, Andrea ... Lets get together for a chat and a cuppa

Anyone else reading this is welcome to come too.

It would be great to get the Ayrshire MNers meeting up smile

DollyPS Sun 06-Sep-09 01:38:23

Sounds a blast hen will be there with my lot.

Andrea hope she is on the mend now hen cyber hugs for ya the now.

Macdog Tue 08-Sep-09 13:05:43

Hello people, hope are you all surviving in this weather.
Still on for Sunday, so come along if you can!

Andrea157 Tue 08-Sep-09 13:41:01

Hi Folks,

Thank the dear lord, aunt is now on the mend, got a terrible fright though, doctors only gave her 2 days at best, hence that is why we were called for...still reeling from the shock!! Little one has a very bad cold
feeling very tired as up all night listening to her struggling to breath properly...poor little darling!

Will have to give Pirate Pete's a miss I'm afraid, it's my dad's 67th Birthday this weekend and we're going out for a lovely birthday lunch to celebrate, pending the bub is feeling any better and then hopefully it's holiday time for us, we were due to go to Perth (hire a wee cottage) and the chef delivers meals to your cottage, but the owner sounds a right crack pot, so we might decided to hire another cottage somewhere else.

Hope everyone is well? weather is terrible, how I long for some sun shine. Hope to catch up with everyone sometime soon.

Macdog Tue 08-Sep-09 13:43:11

Glad things are getting better for your aunt, though sad that your dd has a cold.

We'll try and keep the thread alive and get another meet-up organised

Enjoy your weekend and holiday smile

DollyPS Wed 09-Sep-09 23:29:54

Are we still on for Sunday then Mac. It looks like it might be us 2 then

Heard anything from Irvine or is she busy studying the now.

Macdog Thu 10-Sep-09 10:16:11

Haven't heard from her.

We'll have fun though smile

Macdog Sat 12-Sep-09 17:44:56

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Anyone want to put up a suggestion for next meet-up??
What about trying to do one about once a month??

Hope you had a nice weekend Andrea smile

DollyPS Sat 12-Sep-09 19:34:03

Will be there hen and I have 4 kids with me that day I think as I invite a friend of the lassies so it evens it up a bit. Not sure if she is gonna make it as she still has to ask her mam.

See ya there.

Andrea157 Sat 12-Sep-09 22:13:50

Hi Folks - gee, having a bit of a mad old time of it here - my wee lovely poppet still has a very bad cold, it's just awful and I feel so sad for her - her little eyes are all watery due to being so congested - have bought Calpol vapour plug and also mild vapour rub from Boots...hoping that this does the trick hmm.

Will have to bundle the bub up tomorrow and take her to see Grandpappy as it's his birthday and he's soooo looking forward to seeing her!! Everything seems to be happening - it's always one thing after the other, dear lord I hope it get's bettergrin

Hope you guys are fine and dandy?? Enjoy your day tomorrow - let me know how it all goes and I hope to meet up with you guys soon!!

DollyPS Sun 13-Sep-09 12:05:51

bet your en route Mac still getting the littleys ready LOL!!!!!! hence why we do ish times as we are never ready on time.

Macdog Sun 13-Sep-09 17:41:03

dd absolutely shattered! Thank your lot for looking after her so well smile

This has had me CRYING with laughter today grin

DollyPS Sun 13-Sep-09 19:07:26

was a lovely day out and nice meeting the hubby too. Bet he is knackered as well with running about after the littley.

Kids all tucking into their tea now even after the noodle bar where do they put it I wonder we bottomless pits they have

DollyPS Sun 13-Sep-09 19:09:12

Oh my god that was bad pmsl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macdog Tue 15-Sep-09 10:34:43

How is everyone today???

Andrea157 Tue 15-Sep-09 17:11:15

Very tired indeed, have girls time of the month - 1st one since being pregnant and OMG does it hurt like hell...wish I was pregnant againgrin. Hubby has taken little one on a wee jaunt to Galstone, so having 5 lovely minutes to myself...bliss!!

Enjoying the lovely weather that we seem to be having...long may it continue. Hope you're all fine?

Macdog Tue 15-Sep-09 19:28:56

Get your feet up and try and rest when you can - I know it's easier said than done.

Made tissue paper/paper plate jellyfish with dd this afternoon. pegged tham up on the line and she watched them dancing for ages smile

Andrea157 Tue 15-Sep-09 19:49:22

That's so sweet, well done Macdog

Macdog Wed 16-Sep-09 16:28:06

Built dd's new chest of drawers today after putting it off for too long [grin

Absolutely knackered now, but worth it]

DollyPS Wed 16-Sep-09 23:58:37

good on ya Mac but I hate building them flat pack thingys I leave that to the hubby LOL!!!!!

I have been mooching around the house doing the usual housework and lessons with the lad and then of to the DIL's and sons to give son his money for his birthday as he is 22 the day.

Took the littleys with me though so the others couldnt complain about babysitting as they have of late and I dont ask that often.

Andrea did you put up your feet or did you do housework bet it was the latter LOL!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good day now.

Macdog Thu 17-Sep-09 10:39:34

If I had left it for him it would still be there gathering more dust till the end of time grin

Andrea157 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:56:29

Hi guys,

DollyPS...how did you know I was doing the housework...caught...aaargh!grin....no rest for the wicked as they say. Up most of last night again,as she's still got this terrible cold and teething what a combo!! Off out next Wednesday with a friend into Irvine town - it seems like another life time (it probably was) coming and going as I pleased etc, now it's like a military manoeuvre when I go out nappys, bottles, wipes, change of clothes etc, etc....but none the less I'm quite excited about getting out! Anyway enough of me babbling like a fruit cake - how have you guys been doing? I hope well - hubby is looking for me to give him a hand in putting up bubba's cotbed (still haven't got round to doing it), I told him that it was going to be impossible as you know how babies can be unpredictable...so I'm hoping he's going to bribe one of his friends to come and help....I too also hate flat-pack stuff, it's a nightmare!

Catch up you all again soon.

DollyPS Sun 20-Sep-09 20:47:35

See the hubby loves these things. Sad man eh?

I have been out most of the day with the littleys just enjoying the sun.

Went to my mothers but didnt stay long we dont get along (long story wont bore you all)

Played footie I am so crap at this but do the kids care not a jot do they. We had a laugh thats the main thing.

On the way back we had a McDonalds as a wee treat for them.

I am now laying a floor in the hall it is coming together but will take a bit of time oh well needs doing.

Andrea157 Sun 20-Sep-09 22:41:09

G'evening ladies....well what a weekend, bubba's cotbed is now up, but it came with a bit of a shock! Went into Glasgow yesterday (first time in 6 months) to meet one of my friends, we hit the shops and had a spot of lunch at a lovely Italian place, called hubby to check that all was well, he put bubba on phone...all I got was some heavy breathing (from bubba, not hubby)got the train and bus back home and found out that uncle Gary had visited (i.e. to help put up cotbed) - as hubby (the daft nit wit) had put bubba's moses basket on our bed - he jogged to the kitchen to get some lunch, the next minute he heard bubba crying - so he sprinted back into the bedroom only to find her on our bedroom floor. Apparently she managed to tip her moses basket, crawl out and go for a wee jaunt on our bed before falling off...that's the last time I go to Glasgowangry!!!

Macdog Mon 21-Sep-09 10:17:26

AAARGH Andrea shock
She'll be fine, though and he'll NEVER do it again

Glad you had a good day in Glasgow. dd and I were there too, dh works in the Royal. We pottered around, had a picnic in George Square, then went here for the afternoon.
So glad there's no nursery today, dd and I both knackered!!

Don't know what we're up to today, still in PJ's blush

Macdog Wed 23-Sep-09 10:22:56

Hurrah! Nursery back today grin

Love dd, but she is ENDLESS - yesterday she was out on her trike, flew a kite then went out on her wee bike too!!

DollyPS Wed 23-Sep-09 16:44:24

Well thats my youngest back at school folks as he requested to go back and I had a wee cry to me self as I enjoyed our time together.

I didnt send him to primary like he thought I would he is at the local high school and is loving it.

We took his stuff in that he has done and the head of year took it to leaf through. Its to see what classes he goes into.

It was the only school that allowed his meds in and they give at lunchtime for him bless.

They where surprised by how outgoing he is as he was the one that introduced himself and how pleased he was to be there.

Long may that continue eh.

Nice to see you had a great day out Andrea and oooh daddy will remember the fall more than the littley will and accidents do happen so dont let him dwell on it sweetie.

Kids are endless Mac can someone remind me why I had so many then LOL!!!!!!!

Macdog Thu 24-Sep-09 10:58:59

That's great news about him starting school!
You must miss him sad

Just off to collect dd from nursery, then taking her to swimming.

DollyPS Fri 25-Sep-09 19:43:49

I do and I dont if that makes sense as we needed the break from each other as it was 24/7.

I have signed up for an OU course to banish the boredum. Here's hoping I get in eh as I think it'll do me the world of good doing something for myself.

Hope everyone is well

Macdog Fri 25-Sep-09 19:45:08

All good here. Took dd out to fly her new kite today grin

Andrea157 Fri 25-Sep-09 19:49:08

Hi Folks,

Posting just a wee quick message, bubba teething and hubby's pericarditis has returned - sorry for the very quick post - wish I was an octopus, many hands would come in handy right now. Hope everyone is fine and well? Good luck with OU DollyPS

Macdog Fri 25-Sep-09 19:51:35

Good to hear from you again Andrea, hope things get better for your family soon

Andrea157 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:28:17

Thanks for thinking of us, sadly hubby has been admitted to X-House Hospital again with a reoccurence of his pericarditis...wish things could be different for us!

Macdog Sun 27-Sep-09 10:34:21

Hoe are you coping with it all Andrea? If you neeed a rant, you know where to find us smile

DollyPS Tue 29-Sep-09 01:08:55

yup if you need to vent or rant this is the place we are all ears hen.

Hope he is on the mend soon sweetie.

much love to ya.

So where is everyone else then has anyone heard from Star and Irvine.

Well everything is in a big brown envolope awaiting posting and we take it from there

fingers crossed as I think the course is right up my street. pyschology and counselling.

Macdog Tue 29-Sep-09 11:04:54

Irvine got lot of work on, according to her Facebook.
Are you still out there Star????

Off to IKE this afternoon, dh off work! grin

Macdog Sun 04-Oct-09 10:18:06

Still keeping the thread alive!

We were at the Beer Festival in Troon yesterday grin
BRILLIANT!!

Andrea157 Mon 05-Oct-09 22:19:19

Hi folks

Thank you for all your very kind thoughts and best wishes, hubby making a slow recovery - having good days and bad days with it all, but we're managing. Had my sister - in - law - in - law over from Australia, she has 4 boys and 1 little baby girl (born 14 days after my little one), she took the 2 little one's with her and left my brother -in -law to cope with the 3 remaining boys[grins] - the house will be a wreck when she get's backshock.

Have soooo much on this week - to go and visit some family members (as they've not seen my wee chick -a-dee) meeting up with a few friends on Thursday, have appointments all day on Wednesday and Friday...I gonna sit on my skinny touche and chill out as much as poss (which I probably won't get a chance to do - but the thought of sitting down for 30 mins in very appealing). How is everyone else, I hope all is well with you all?!

Bub chewing at everything in sight and waking up quite frequently during the night - crying for her dum-dum! Can I ask a dumb question DollyPS and Macdog? Bub will be 5 months next week - and I was wondering when is a good time / age to start weaning? You probably think I should be asking my mum all these questions - but sadly she is no longer with us - but I know for sure she'll be keeping an eye on us. Being a first time mum I'm not too sure, as everyone has been giving me various ages (eg - 4 months - 5 months and finally 6 months)!! I is confused.com Your advice would be much appreciated.

A x x x

Macdog Sat 10-Oct-09 18:12:34

Sorry Andrea, not abandoned you. Was on hols grin

Current health advice is to wait till babies are 6 months before introducing solids. A lot of MNers will give you that advice.
I didn't start weaning dd till she was 6.5 months.
If you can continue with bf/ff for a while longer it will allow her system to develop better before introducing solids.

<<waits for for Dolly to come along with different point of view>> grin

Everyone has their own opinions on weaning, it's a subject that causes a lot of heated debate on MN, all I can do is give my own opinion

Glad hubby is on road to recovery, keeping my fingers crossed anyway smile

lou031205 Sat 10-Oct-09 19:40:04

Hi, I might be moving to Ayrshire in the next few months from England. Any tips?

Macdog Sun 11-Oct-09 10:57:18

Where are you moving to??

It's a nice part of the world in general smile

lou031205 Sun 11-Oct-09 18:47:00

Not sure yet blush Likely to be South Ayrshire. Have 3 under 4. DD1 has SN so any info on education also very appreciate smile

Macdog Sun 11-Oct-09 21:35:18

I'm in North Ayrshire.

I sadly don't know much re: SN in South Ayrshire.

Stay with this thread and we can help as much as we can. Once you know where you moving to I can help you find stuff for an area smile

Macdog Sun 11-Oct-09 21:36:47
DollyPS Wed 14-Oct-09 04:49:30

Is the littley in a special school already hen as they maybe able to say which would be best or have a look around.

I have been busy of late DIL gave us a scare as we thought she'd be going for a section and is 8 weeks early so everyone was a bit worried about her and the baby.

Macdog Wed 14-Oct-09 10:13:59

Is she all right now Dolly??
Worrying time.

Good to have you back smile

lou031205 Wed 14-Oct-09 19:25:39

Hi, thanks for the link, Macdog.

Dolly, no she is in mainstream preschool with full 1:1 atm.

Hope your DIL keeps going a bit longer.

Macdog Wed 14-Oct-09 19:29:22

Once you know where you're going to be, it'll make it easier to find you links to specific stuff smile

lou031205 Wed 14-Oct-09 19:33:55

Yes, it is very exciting, but daunting. My parents are getting their property ready for Market, then when they have bought, DH & I will hopefully find somewhere nearby to rent.

Macdog Sat 17-Oct-09 09:52:31

So what's everyone doing on this gorgeous day??

We're off to Culzean for a picnic smile

DollyPS Sun 18-Oct-09 00:37:13

I have been at the hozzie for the week as DIL had the baby after all. 8 weeks early and 3lbs 1 and a half he was too. See the day I posted that was the day he was born after saying all was well as well.

He had to have an op as his gullet and tummy were not connected poor love but its a a lot more common than you think.

Mum was adviced against breasfeeding as she has been on strong meds as she needed a transfusion as she lost 6 pints of blood. So we where shitting it there as well. She is ok now but her platelets are down again so she might need another transfusion.

The wee one had to be paralsyed as he is a wee fidget so he can heal.

I'll see if I can put a pic up of him.

I am keeping an eye on M as she is at the teary stage and we dont want PND to set in.

Dad has been to the hozzie to see his son and held his hand as the nurse made him as he was so scared and he smiling in one of the pics as well bless. No one else is allowed to touch him just the parents and M still has to. She has seen him for 5 minutes thats all. M should be transferred soon so she can be with him. They even have flats at this hozzie for them to stay in which is good if they need it that is.

DollyPS Sun 18-Oct-09 00:43:50
DollyPS Sun 18-Oct-09 00:46:10

Aint he teeny tiny as thats his dads hand in there too. this is after his op by the way.

this one below is not even an hour old

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/dollypeeps1/Picture205.jpg

Macdog Sun 18-Oct-09 10:41:50

Oh Dolly, really hope everyone comes through this.

He looks like a right wee fighter.

You have my numbers if you want a blether.

Give my love to everyone

Andrea157 Mon 19-Oct-09 12:32:53

OMG Dolly - sorry to hear everything that's been happening - the photo's made me bawl my eyes out - I'll pray that everything turns out well for everyone - I'll light a wee holy candle just now and get my rosary beads and say a lots of wee prayers. Keep us up to date with what's happening please (if you get the time).

Love, A x x

lou031205 Mon 19-Oct-09 16:08:30

Dolly, congratulations, he is lovely. I used to work on SCBU as a nurse (for a short time), and 32 weekers tend to do well. He seems tiny now, but will soon fatten up! Main thing is to keep DIL well fed. Sitting by an incubator is surprisingly draining, and she will need lots of energy.

DollyPS Tue 20-Oct-09 21:36:58

hi all, William is doing great as is his mum too both still in hozzie the now.

He looks as if he is gaining weight and did his first poo today as they where getting concerned and thought they'd have to take him for an x ray to see why.

We all got so excited over a poo but we thought this is it another op for him and he is nearly a week old and another one in his wee short life.

I am shattered with the visiting of them all. I need to wind down now and have a few early nights to recruparate (sp) and be fine and dandy for them both in a few days time.

x-ray on Thursday and then he either gets moved back to mum or mum gets move to him either way they will be together and mam got to see him yesterday for a few hours as we got her a pass to leave. she sat for hours at his bed side so she is bonding with him bless.

will be keeping an eye on her though for PND as this is the time as the baby blues have hit and she has been told she can talk to any of the midwives about anything even if its to rant. Or to talk bollocks if she wants as it all helps.

Macdog Wed 21-Oct-09 07:08:38

Never thought I'd be so glad to read about a poo grin

Glad things are going well with them. Will keep everything crossed for more good progress

DollyPS Wed 21-Oct-09 15:38:08

Sad arent we LOL!!!! He is off the ventalator thingy today which is another good sign folks. All smiles here.

Have gutted the house as it was getting very neglected and hadnt had a proper clean in the last fortnight.

I filled 4 bin bags of rubbish and thats a lot. Now catching up with the washing which there is loads off. eekk!!!!

Phone is with me incase lad phones me with any news as he has been updating me all the time. bless him.

Will update when I can. thanks guys

Macdog Wed 21-Oct-09 19:17:25

Keep sane Dolly! smile

Macdog Sun 25-Oct-09 19:37:24

Hope everything still going well Dolly??

How's everything with you Andrea??

Any news of the move yet lou??

Determined to keep this thread going grin

Andrea157 Tue 27-Oct-09 12:56:27

Hi Macdog & Co - I'm doing not too badly here, thanks for asking Trying to organise bambina's Christening, but MIL trying to take over (wanted me to choose the christening gown that she chose from Debenhams) - not having any of this malarky!! Went out yesterday after a wee visit to the dentist (got a filling replaced and smiled lopsided to bambina- who looked strangely at me Anyway to cut the long story short, picked out a beautiful christening gown from Cowan's in Troon along with a few essential accessories

Hope everyone else is doing well? How are you holding up Dolly? Bambina asleep for the moment so I've got to crack on with the house work (wish I had a magic fairy to help me clean up)!! Take good care y'all and hope to speak with everyone soon!

Macdog Tue 27-Oct-09 14:51:27

ooh Cowans do gorgeous stuff!
Glad things are going well smile

DollyPS Wed 28-Oct-09 01:35:30

I am here folks and W is doing well now and is putting on weight,

Mum and dad are allowed to hold him as well. Also everyone else too as long as it isnt to long as he could get sore.

He has a feeding tube the now and hopefully by next week they'll try him on bottles. M couldnt breastfeed as she wished to as she was put on meds after the birth and the fact she lost a lot of blood and they removed him to another hozzie to boot. So tis bottles for him when strong enough.

He keeps changing bless him. Mummy and daddy and coping really well bless them too.

Will still be keeping and eye on M for PND though and she has a lot of support with her family and extended family.

I am frazzled but ok to and at the mo have a child yapping in my ear as I type. Of to find him his Dr Who stuff again!!!!!!!

DollyPS Wed 28-Oct-09 01:36:11

Mac I have lost your house number hen can you send it again please. thanks

Macdog Wed 28-Oct-09 20:06:14

Done Dolly, x

DollyPS Tue 03-Nov-09 13:53:25

I got it hen. I havent had a mo as I have loads on the now what with the hozzie visits and my OU courses to boot. The timing is crap but I will get through it though.

William is doing great though as is mum and no signs of PND which is great.

I feel at peace now that his op went well and he is coming along in leaps and bounds as well and mummy got to bond with him before she went mad at them.

She was seperated for a week but they are together now. Dad has bonded well too as I thought he wouldnt well he is a man after all LOL!!!!! Both are doing great in that department though.

Need to up load some more pics if I can get the damn camera to flaming work that is arghhh.

He isnt on anything now bar his feeding tube and is on nutraprem the now. He is having 10ml sounds so little eh but its every hour for that which is good.

they tried him with obolo feeds thats the 10 mls inserted fully every hour and he didnt cope well so they just drip feed it the now for him as his tummy needs to get bigger oh and he needs to sook a bottle not sure when that will be though.

Hope everyone is well. Soon be Guy Fawkes night and lots of bangs. We are having our own display on the farm for the kids. Some wind down time for us I think.

Sorry to go on about the baby but it has been a scary time for all.

thanks for "listening"

Macdog Tue 03-Nov-09 16:54:20

That's what we're here for Dolly.
Glad to get good news. Sounds as if he's going to be a strong character when he's older.

Glad the family are bonding as well - that's so important

Enjoy the fireworks smile

Macdog Tue 10-Nov-09 20:08:41

Hi folks

dd got D&V bug sad

hoping it starts and ends with her

Hope everyone else is ok smile

DollyPS Fri 13-Nov-09 12:54:31

I am here just my usual busy busy

Wills is still in hozzie and we have all come down with a virus. Not good

The run up to Christmas is coming and I cant wait now as I love it. I have one person full Christmas in which is pretty good for me.

Off to see what I have missed on site.

hope everyone is doing good now

xxx

Macdog Fri 13-Nov-09 18:01:59

Got dh off work with "flu" hmm

Have taught dd to call him a malingering tart grin

Andrea157 Sat 14-Nov-09 21:54:22

Hi folks,

great to see everyone is doing so well!! Have been frantically organising bambina's christening - which is tomorrow (15th Nov), she is now 6 months old today and I literally cannot believe where the time has gone to, it's gone by full throttle!

Must carry on with what's left to be done - hope to catch up with everyone very soon!

Andrea x x

Macdog Sun 15-Nov-09 11:04:18

Hope the christening goes well, Andrea.

I think we're going up to the Museum of Rural life at East Kilbride today - dd's suggestion smile

Took her to Culzean yesterday. Had arranged to meet the Head Forester and she got to help hand feed some of the red deer in the deer park. Don't think she's come back to earth yet grin

fifi1973 Mon 16-Nov-09 14:19:22

Hi everyone, i'm new on here so I thought I would say 'hello' to the Ayrshire mums I live in prestwick with hubby and wee girl of 11 months. Hope everyone is well on this rather miserable day. An excuse to drink lots of tea and eat cake methinks!!

Macdog Mon 16-Nov-09 18:09:02

Hi Fifi and welcome!
This thread is a bit erratic, but I tend to check it regularly so if you post I'll see it smile

Nice to have you here! it has been so foul today - I hate these days when it never really gets light.

dd (3) was watching 'I can cook' today, saw them making tomato spirals and decided she wanted that for dinner. Cue quick sprint to the shops. Now got one happily fed and messy girl

Love to all the Ayrshire mums smile

Macdog Thu 03-Dec-09 10:26:58

<<runs in and delivers swift kick up the bum of thread to see if it springs back to life>>

How's everyone's Christmas preparations going???

Andrea157 Fri 11-Dec-09 14:34:06

Ouch my bum! Sorry for the lack of contact, things here are frantic, hubby still not too good, was admitted 2 weeks ago for the 4th time in 4 months to X House - have now been told he's to go for a biopsy, just feel sick at the thought of it, he'll have to stay in hospital for a few days etc and get plenty of rest when he gets out!!

Bambina's christening was wonderful, had a fantastic day with all of our family and friends, she was very blessed with many a wonderful gift!!

Roll on next year, it has been one of the best as Bambina was born, but in another sense it's been awful too, with DH being so poorly...just exhausted and feel like crying my eyes out:-(

I think someone is testing my strength!!

Hope everyone is well otherwise??!!

ScroogeMacDog Fri 11-Dec-09 16:44:13

<<gives Andrea nice soft cushion>>

Sorry to hear things are still crappy sad

Hoping your hubby makes full recovery

Kataca Wed 30-Dec-09 23:15:46

Hi Ayrshire Mums

Iv just moved home to Ayrshire from Cornwall and my 3 year old son has just been diagnosed with ASD. I also have 5 year old twins lol.

Is there any parents out there who could help me with "the begginers guide to ASD"?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Fiona

SimpleAsABC Wed 30-Dec-09 23:39:50

Fiona,

I know a Mum who is very knowledgable re autism, but she doesn't post on here (not to my knowledge). She is away for the holidays but i'd be happy to drop her an email and ask if it was ok to pass her address on to you?

Her son is on the autistic spectrum and they have followed the sonrise programme with great success, i.e. his autism is much less profound than when he was younger.

Would you like me to contact her for you?

Kataca Sat 09-Jan-10 21:25:10

SimpleAsABC

Thank you for your message. I would love to have contact with someone who has some knowledge.

I would really appriciate it if you would put us in contact.

many thanks

Fiona

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now