Local Talk

Nurseries in Norbiton/Kingston

(8 Posts)

Hi

I'm hopefully moving to Norbiton in a few months, so will need to think about nurseries for my (now) 13 month old son. He's currently in an amazing Surestart one (ofsted rated outstanding) in Roehampton, so part of me is very reluctant to move him to a nursery that's run for profit and is not going to be as good.

I can't find anything on the Kingston gov website about state-funded nurseries in the area - are there any?

If not, any recommendations for Coombe Day nursery, or Stars? Any info would be appreciated.

I wouldn't consider a childminder or nanny.

Thanks in advance!

Craftyone Tue 14-Aug-12 13:39:38

Hi,
Did you find a good nursery in the end? I've recently moved to New Malden with a 9 month old son and will be looking for one soon. I had a place in a grade 1 nursery but had to give it up when i decided not to go back to work. If i find another job soon i will need to quickly find one.

Thanks

Sombrine Sun 04-Nov-12 22:13:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Craftyone Tue 06-Nov-12 17:19:19

Interesting to hear that about Coombe Day. Where did you choose? I’m could be returning to work in January and it is driving me mad thinking about where my 1 year old DS will be going. I’m researching nurseries now.

Kingstonmumof1 Tue 13-Nov-12 14:49:51

Hi Coombe Day nursery were our preferred but we also encountered problems at the registration stage and went elsewhere. We subsequently chose Active Learning Kingston and have been very happy with them over the last 9 months or so.

StuartForrest Thu 03-Jan-13 09:25:54

We use Katey's House for our little one. It is a fabulous nursery with wonderful staff. Acre Road, just at the junction of Richmond Road, so very close to Kingston Station. There's a long waiting list, and it isn't the cheapest, but we're very impressed.

Findingmyway Thu 03-Jan-13 20:07:31

My DD goes to 197 Early Years Nursery on Park Road, after we moved to the area nine months ago. She is really happy there, loves going. The majority of staff are the same and only two new people in nine months. DD is 4 and is coming on in leaps and bounds.
Not sure if they have any spaces though.

kingstongeorgia Fri 08-Feb-13 20:38:19

Not sure if this is too late for you. Wouldn't recommend Stars, they have a real staff retention issue as well as being very expensive (just put up their prices again in January). We were very happy with it 2 years ago but not now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now