Local Talk

Hinchley Wood School

(5 Posts)
househuntingforever Wed 30-May-12 14:58:49

Hi,
I am very confused about moving and schools at the moment! We are in isleworth and want to move a bit further out to esher/hinchley wood and cant seem to find anyone whose children actually go to Hinchley Wood school. Can someone let me know if there kids go there and if the primary and secondary are great schools or if we are better off looking at private options. Any help id welcome!!
Thanks!

househuntingforever Wed 30-May-12 14:59:31

I meant their kids! So tired I can't spell! smile

Sleepydog Wed 20-Jun-12 11:01:00

Both Hinchley Wood Primary and Secondary are good schools.

But there is such a demand for places in the area that you have to live well with the admissions area ( applies to Secondary - HW secondary is now an Academy ).

Don't dismiss - Thames Ditton Infant & Junior - both outstandning and Esher High for secondary which is also outstanding and getting improving results by the year.

Sleepydog Wed 20-Jun-12 11:09:21

Pm me if you want more info on schools.

sweetblueeyeboy Mon 06-Aug-12 23:26:18

hi I have been told the primary is very very very focused and into results and constantly reporting of the children which I guess is a good thing but I know some people who have moved their children from that school or not sent them there as it lacked a heart and soul.

I have two sons, 16 and 18 and can not fault hinchley wood secondary...it has been amazing, full of heart, the teachers genuinely seem to care and like the children and vice versa...two leaving assemblies have had me in tears. Both my sons chose it for 6th form too. It has a small catchment area so be careful. We live only 1.5 miles away and are out of it for my daughter so we are looking at moving that bit closer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now