Local Talk

Preschools around Esher

(7 Posts)
Wombled Tue 03-Jul-12 20:53:57

I have my ds name down at Little Sparrows, the Montessori in Imber Court, and River Mole Preschool in Esher. Does anyone have any experience of any of these? And how good are they are preparing for school i.e. a bit of writing etc, which the primaries seem to expect these days. Also have considered using 15 hours towards private as i'm sure it would be a great start, but could it be too formal a setting at age 3, esp when they will be in school and school uniforms for next 15 years!?

Maman2004 Tue 03-Jul-12 21:07:37

Hi. The problem with Little Sparrows and Montessori is that they take them form 2 so by the time they reach 4 or 5 they get a little bit bored with the little ones. I moved my daughter from Little Sparrows to Jigsaw when she was 3 and I don't regret it.

Sandgroper Mon 09-Jul-12 14:53:21

Hi Wombled

Both my DD's went to River Mole Preschool and it is fantastic. DD1 for 2 years and DD2 1 year.

The environment is a bit more relaxed, but both my boys loved it. They follow the Early Years curriculum and will get the opportunity to do a huge range of things.

They used to have an early drop off, you had to pay a little bit extra but I didn't mind as I had a bit of a wait after dropping DD1 off at school. Also had two pick up times as well, later you had to pay for I think (my memory is not so great).

All the teachers are fab, my boys still talk about it, both at school now!

TheSecretStaircase Mon 16-Jul-12 16:08:04

We live in Hinchley Wood/Esher and our DD attends Long Ditton Montessori. She has settled well and we are very happy with it.

Missmayhem Wed 08-Aug-12 08:36:41

keen to jump on this one too? i wondered if because the Rosalitta montessori is a full-time (i.e. 8am to 6pm) nursery if it might be more like daycare (which I am not so keen on putting my two into) than pre-schooling.

Missmayhem Wed 15-Aug-12 14:48:06

bump

pist Sat 22-Sep-12 12:16:27

Check out Stepping Stones in Woodfield Rd, Thames Ditton.
People travel from quite a wide area to get there as it is so well respected. Purpose build premises, great staff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now