Local Talk

Couchmore Avenue, Hinchley Wood - whats are like?

(3 Posts)
Heydoodledandy Mon 17-Sep-12 13:51:07

Looking at a house there - but whats it like living between bypass, portsmouth road and train lines!?! Do you just stop noticing it?

Heydoodledandy Wed 19-Sep-12 07:45:32

Actually what's HW like in general? Compared to Thames Ditton and Claygate?

cervelo Fri 28-Sep-12 13:38:58

We live on this 'estate'! You do stop noticing it - the problem with a lot of Hinchley Wood is that you are usually by a road, train line or both!

It's a quiet estate, mainly retired and professional people. The older residents seem to be moving on and down sizing and families with young children moving in. Perfect for getting to Hinchley Wood railway station if working in central London or Guildford. Also in the catchment zone of HW school.

My main bugbear with the location is that when we moved here my youngest was still in a pushchair and I couldn't get him, a toddler and pushchair over the footbridge if i was walking to HW shops and you therefore have to go the long way around on the footpath by the dual carriageway. Now he can walk, it's not really a problem as we go over the footbridge at the railway station.

I think TD and Claygate are 'prettier' but in my opinion you are more likely to get off street parking for 2 cars and maybe a slightly bigger garden in HW for the same kind of money that you'd pay in TD/Claygate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now