Local Talk

Weston Green or Claremont Fan

(2 Posts)
slev Tue 02-Oct-12 15:13:20

Hi,

Interested to get views on the above schools please! We've got a place at both for DD and not sure which is the better option. Claremont Fan felt lovely for little ones in terms of the space, but my fear is it's not academic enough and we'd be committing ourselves to the secondary as well which I definitely don't want to do as the results looked poor Whereas I didn't like Weston Green as much as an environment, but seemed to be the better option in terms of giving us most flexibility when it comes to secondary schools. Of course, DD may be thick as two short planks for all I know (she's only two!) but I'd like to at least give her a chance!

Is that a pretty fair summary (in which case I'd probably go for Weston Green and close my eyes when dropping her off!) or have I missed something?

Thanks!

mellsybob Wed 03-Oct-12 09:56:18

Hi

Both my DS go to Weston Green. I have one in Year 5 and one in Year 2. We absolutely love the school and the headmistress is fabulous with the children. The pastoral care is outstanding and all the teachers very strong, can't recommend it enough. It is moderately demanding, I would say definitely more so than Claremont Fan (a couple of people left WG to go there as their children were struggling). Having said that its not overly pushy and they are allowed to work at their own pace. They have small class sizes too. They do use Surbiton Hockey Club and Kingston Grammar grounds for their sports and they do a good range. My DS in Year 5 is aiming to go to either Hampton or St. Georges and I know of four girls who got into LEH at 7+ this year. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll try and help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now