Local Talk

moving to north Kingston from Shepherds Bush

(5 Posts)
beauchamp Thu 17-Jan-13 15:09:21

Hello,
I would be really interested to hear of young families living in North Kingston. We are looking at moving from Shepherds Bush where I have a great community of baby friends. Did anyone find it easy to meet new people in Kingston and, if so, how/ where? I have a lovely one yr old and only work 2 days/week at the moment so am keen to meet some new people. Does anyone go to St Lukes and to the church primary/ Latchmere Primary? Are there any convenience stores in north Kingston or cafes or do you have to go to Richmond/Kingston for groceries? Many, many thanks ladies!

beauchamp Thu 17-Jan-13 15:10:39

P.S. Is Park Road a good place to live, wise ladies of Kingston? I gather many of the council houses are now privately owned...

kingstoncherry Sat 19-Jan-13 23:42:55

Hello beauchamp from your local editor. North Kingston is a great place to live, with so many groups for mothers of young children. KT is well populated with cafes and convenience stores and there are both in North Kingston specifically. We're busy filling this site with everything KT has to offer but for a start, have a look at the Baby & Toddler Groups section (within Things to Do in Kingston upon Thames). At the moment this covers the main Children's Centres but will give you a feel of just how much there is to do. The site will soon be populated with privately run groups and classes and once our 'On the High Street' and 'Meet-Ups' sections has been filled, you will see how much there is to offer a mother like you.

Roxie93 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:18:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

kingstoncherry Mon 21-Jan-13 22:50:10

Hi Roxie93, you should add your service to our free listings using the following link. That way you'd be visible by people looking for a nanny. Good luck returning to work. local.mumsnet.com/kingston-upon-thames/nannies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now