Local Talk

Primary Schools - North Kingston - Proximity

(4 Posts)
foxyhen Thu 24-Jan-13 20:10:24

We are looking to move to Kingston in the near future and would like to ensure that our move puts us in the best position possible with regards to the catchment areas for the primary schools - specifically Latchmere, Fern Hill & St Agatha's. We have time to consider the move as our DD is only one. However, are there any streets in particular that would help in our success in being accepted to any of these schools as I am aware that spaces are scarce and are often accepted by siblings. Any help/advice/tips would be most welcome.

Many thanks.

kingstoncherry Fri 25-Jan-13 20:18:04

You'd have to check individual policies but admissions are usually based not just on siblings but also social care and special requirements and finally proximity. On a recent visit, I was advised that any radius beyond 600m is not considered (and remaining spaces are allocated on proximity down to 2 decimal places!). Phone each one to see if this differs but hopefully this helps a bit. Details for each are in our Childcare & Education section of this site.

foxyhen Mon 28-Jan-13 15:01:36

Thanks so much kingstoncherry - looks as competitive as I thought!

Kt3Bird Sat 02-Feb-13 03:33:39

If you go to the Kingston Council website,you can access all of the school admissions information. This includes a helpful booklet about primary admissions for 2013. Obviously the year of entry isn't relevant for you but it contains takes tracking admissions for the past 3 years and will tell you things like geographical proximity of the last child who got in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now