Local Talk

german speaking toddler group in kingston/ surbiton area

(6 Posts)
Amama Mon 11-Feb-13 11:42:07

Hello -am looking for a german speaking toddler group. I have a 16 month old daughter who i speak to in german. I am German, my partner is English- so I would like to create more opportunities for my daughter to meet other German speaking kids & parents in this area and get together for some play dates. If you would like to meet up or just know about an existing group, get in touchsmile

HMTheQueen Mon 11-Feb-13 11:52:14

There is a German school in the ham/petersham area (sorry not sure exactly where) as well as a lovely German bakery/deli in ham. You might find something already established in that area as I know there are quite a lot of German speakers in that area.

spica Wed 13-Mar-13 18:19:55

Hi Amanda -
As mentioned by HMThe Queen the German school is close and therefore you will find many german speakers in the area. I'm quiet happy to give you a few ideas - live in Surbiton myself and equally German with an English husband and two little boys - or we can meet up and I can introduce you to a few friends?
Alternatively, if you'd like to try yourself, just go to the german bakery Haensel & pretzel in Ham around the same time when mums drop off their kids at the german school - or go to the summer fest. You could also try the churches in Ham - they offer german service on Sundays and you will find many families then. I believe one also has a dedicated toddler group (though I never went there myself).
Not sure what's the easiest to get in contact?

Mama33 Mon 22-Apr-13 14:55:19

Hello,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am also a german Mum to a nearly 5 month old boy, living in Kingston. I am determined to bring my son up bilingual but my partner is English and does not speak German, I therefore would love to meet other German mums/ families in the area so he hears some more German and I don't forget mine completely. ( I have been living in England for 13 years). Please get in touch if you are interested in meeting!

eversoW13 Mon 03-Jun-13 11:01:34

It might be a bit of a journey from KT, but there's a German group that meets in Ealing Northfields every two weeks or so at a local playground: https://www.facebook.com/groups/spielgruppeealing/

kingstonswissmum Wed 12-Jun-13 13:18:57

I know that there is a german toddler group in ham, my neightbour is going to give me details. She said it was really nice, great toys and they even rent out the venue for parties for very cheap.
I was wondering if there are any swiss mums in the kingston/richmond area. I have a nearly 3 year old and speak swiss german to him, it would be great to find another local swiss/half-swiss family so that he doesn't think the only person in the world is mummy who speaks this weird language!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now