Local Talk

Childminders claygate

(7 Posts)
massagegirl Wed 13-Feb-13 11:31:20

Just wondered if anyone can recommend a childminder in or near claygate. I'm not due until June but wondered how far in advance I need to 'book in' etc. any help gratefully received. Thanks!

Snowgirl1 Fri 22-Feb-13 16:05:08

Hi Massage, I live in Claygate and I started looking for a childminder/nursery when DD was 3 weeks old. I can't recommend a childminder as we went for a nursery in the end, but just thought I'd mention that you can get a list of childminders from Surrey County Council - you give them your postcode and they can send you a list with the closest ones. Childminders can only look after one child under 12 months old, which can limit things (if you're planning to return to work before you baby is 12 months) and some only do part-time/school age children etc.

massagegirl Tue 26-Feb-13 11:25:46

Thanks snow. It's hard to know when to start looking. Don't think we could stretch to afford a Nursery so I guess I should start looking around at childminders! I will contact surrey council... thank you for the tip!

Snowgirl1 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:28:41

You might not want to rule out nurseries. Not that I've got anything against childminders - I would've sent DD to the childminder I liked if she'd had space (she'd already agreed to take another under 12 month old, so couldn't also take DD). The childminders I met charged £6 per hour so there isn't much between them on cost - at least there isn't if you need care for the full nursery hours.

massagegirl Mon 04-Mar-13 06:56:54

Thank you. Which nursery did you go for? I'm not sure what's around! I just assumed child minder was more affordable.

Snowgirl1 Mon 04-Mar-13 22:58:05

We went for Colets in Thames Ditton. The staff are lovely and I'm really happy with it - DD seems really happy there. Hope you can find something which works for you.

massagegirl Tue 05-Mar-13 11:29:52

Thank you for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now