Local Talk

Any older kids/mums here?

(7 Posts)
Jetsam Wed 27-Mar-13 13:25:42

HI there, been looking at all the good info on here and just joined up - we're a family with kids of 16 and 19, I've been living in Australia for - can't remember!, about 26 years.. left last year and have been in Switzerland but now looking to move to Kingston area for kids to go to college and uni. Have never lived there before but I get the impression its great! I think it will be best for my older kids than quieter areas further out and we all love London. Just wondering if there are any oldies on here like me to talk about teenage/young adult issues/services etc?

kingstoncherry Thu 28-Mar-13 15:25:44

Hello, what an exciting move! I can't help you personally but it is a really thriving area for teenagers, with a really big student population, great culture and nightlife. Hope some of our members can get back to you but if you have any direct queries, I could always try my best to find out for you. Cherry, Editor

Mrsrobertduvall Sat 06-Apr-13 10:38:10

Hi Jetsam
I live near Kingston and have dd 16 and ds 14.
What would you like to know?

Jetsam Tue 09-Apr-13 13:14:13

Thank you both - so many questions! But top one at the moment is that my dd 16 is keen to go to Richmond College because they have the choice of A levels she wants to do - I'm wondering if many kids from Kingston and area go there as I know there is another local college and of course many schools. As we won't know anyone I'd like to think she'd have the chance to meet some nice local friends.
More questions to come I'm sure smile

Mrsrobertduvall Tue 09-Apr-13 15:44:29

I live in New Malden and most students either stay on at their sixth forms or go to Esher college.
That said, there are a few girls we know going to Kingston and Richmond colleges.
Richmond has students from other boroughs too..a lot from Hounslow.

Your dd will make friends based on interests rather than location...and they will all live a few bus rides away.

Jetsam Tue 16-Apr-13 15:28:48

Thank you for that - yes you're right, I should probably stop worrying about how to arrange things perfectly, that never works out!

jenniferandjuliansmummy Sat 03-Aug-13 00:16:11

hi, I have 5 children, age 24, 20, 17, 10 and 3....my sons both stayed on at hinchley wood schools 6th form, fantastic school smile just near surbiton...could always do talking about older children's issues...I mean how do you convince them to move out for starters lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now