Local Talk

Caesarean friendly antenatal/parenting classes near Surbiton?

(3 Posts)
pogpog Mon 15-Jul-13 17:47:45

Hi. I'm having a caesarean birth and wanted to join an antenatal class or group to tell me everything I need to know about becoming a parent and all the usual stuff nct classes cover (like breast feeding, how to bathe a newborn, change a nappy etc) but without the time and emphasis spent on vaginal birth. I wondered if anyone knows of classes that cover caesarean birth plus recovery/what to expect afterwards in a thorough and non judgmental way in or near to Surbiton? The nct classes seem too anti caesarean for me to gain anything positive from attending. Many thanks.

kingstoncherry Thu 18-Jul-13 11:51:30

Hi pogpog, I hope one of our members will get back to you - I'm sure there must be groups out there. Have you tried contacting local doctors maybe or Children's Centres for advice? Here are local centres: http://local.mumsnet.com/kingston-upon-thames/childrens-centres Good luck, your Local Editor

mrscottini Wed 11-Sep-13 21:01:02

I did Nct ante natal classes in Surbiton and they were very c section friendly - one of our group was having an elective and the teacher said that the stats said another few of us would have cs so we watched a cs video and talked about it, definitely non judgemental. Teacher was Barbara Kott.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now