Local Talk

Feedback on New Malden and Motspur Park

(4 Posts)
cathymum123 Mon 05-Aug-13 13:49:06

Hi
We are looking at moving to New Malden or Motspur Park. Any streets you would recommend? Any feedback, pros and cons from those living there?
Thanks

kingstoncherry Mon 05-Aug-13 22:39:32

Hi cathymum123

Good luck with your move, I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience of New Malden or Motspur Park but I'm sure our members will be able to help!

Editor, MN Local Kingston

Samnella Tue 27-Aug-13 18:25:05

I know MP well. It's a very nice area - I can't think of any streets in particular as they are all good. I would be guided by which school you want if that's on the agenda. MP doesn't have a specific school so people tend to go to various schools. Last year was mostly Burlington and Green Lane I believe. Both are Kingston Borough. The two nearest schools are Catholic which may be OK for you. After that its West Wimbledon that has an outstanding ofsted but a tiny catchment.

NM is also nice and has better secondary schools (coombe girls highly desirable, Coombe boys getting better), The secondary for MP is Raynes Park High which is a bit ahem at the moment but has a new head so should look up. Coombe Boys is actually in MP I think. There is more shops in NM if that's a consideration as well as the swimming pool but there is a lovely park in MP.

I live in Raynes Park but used to live in MP so please ask if you have any questions.

tashka Fri 27-Sep-13 15:19:42

Hi, I am also thinking of these areas, I am currently torn between
1 - the area to the west of Wimbledon Chase station (not sure if it has a local name? I mean those street with almost identical brick houses near the station)
2 - around Raynes Park station (those houses in the grid)
3 - around Motspur Park station (feels like the street from Wimbledon side of the railway are a bit nicer, is this right?)
4 - the streets around "The Green" at edge of the Groves in New Malden.

I have visited the area a number of times, but still can't really decide which area to concentrate on...

The budget is around £400K for a 3-bed house (don't mind if it needs renovation), so those streets are the only ones where at least some properties in my price range appear sometimes.

Samnella - you lived in both Raynes Park and Motspur Park, would you be able to compare between the two?

thanks so much to everyone for any advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now