Local Talk

Is Canbury Park Rd a safe place to live?

(6 Posts)
JKMNannyshare Tue 17-Sep-13 06:59:48

Hi all, considering moving to a house on Canbury Park Rd but am concerned street may be a bit dodgy by the station end? I have a baby and will be doing a lot of walking with buggy so a bit anxious. The little underpass that leads to Queen Elizabeth Rd also looks like an area I may be unconfortable waking through alone. Am I overreacting?

Also Is there much overspill at night of drinkers due to the bars/pubs etc? Is Canbury Arms a fairly civilised pub?

Any opinions from locals much appreciated. I would go at night myself to see but impossible with baby. Am also feeling apprehensive about meeting knew mums and finding groups to go to. Baby is 1.

Hope you can help, thank you.

JKMNannyshare Tue 17-Sep-13 21:27:14

Anyone???

Odgehog Tue 17-Sep-13 23:30:59

I know the house you are looking at! Road is not the best in North Kingston (bit scruffy) but it is still very much in the area which is rammed with young families and very quiet and safe. You won't have trouble meeting people. Canbury Arms is where all the yummy mummies hang out, its a lovely pub with no problems. Only thing I would be wary about is primary schools. Might seem a long way off now but I know people in that specific location can have trouble. The catchment areas are very small and the nearest primary has strict church attendance requirements and the next nearest i'd say you were boarder line for getting into - its a very popular school. The council have loads of info on their website about the distance from which places were allocated etc so you should look at that to get some idea.

Odgehog Tue 17-Sep-13 23:36:07

Oh and St. Paul's church on Alexandra rd do great baby groups

kingstoncherry Wed 18-Sep-13 22:25:30

Hello, it's near to where I live and I would say the same as Odgehog above.

For links on groups including Rainbows at St.Paul's, take a look here - lots going on!:

local.mumsnet.com/kingston-upon-thames/baby-toddler-groups

Good luck with the move!

Local Editor

JKMNannyshare Fri 20-Sep-13 20:01:14

Thank you so much Odgehog and kingstoncherry your replies are very reassuring. Apologies for not responding sooner, after a few hours of posting I assumed no one was going to respond and only just checked back tonight!

Good tip about primary schools, I was hoping to be in catchment for Alexandra as not sure I could be a hypocrite and go to church just to get baby into St Luke's.

If we do end up moving there I'll definitely be going to the baby/toddler groups, baby gets so bored staying in house and its good to meet other mums too!

Thanks again

wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now