Local Talk

Latchmere or Fern Hill?

(4 Posts)
yafeng Sat 19-Oct-13 23:03:03

We are planning to move to North Kingston. I know both schools are outstanding on ofsted. But the reports are a few years old. Have heard some good comments about Latchmere from a couple of mums with children in it. But don't know much about Fern Hill. Which is better?

We do want to send our girl to the best in the area if possible. And this does affect which area we should be looking at as Latchmere has a much smaller catchment!

Would like to have some advice, especially from people with first hand experiences! Much appreciated!

kingstoncherry Sun 20-Oct-13 21:52:01

Thanks for posting, we've shared your thread on our Facebook page, so hopefully you'll get feedback soon smile

www.facebook.com/MumsnetKingston

Local Editor

ConkerHoarder Fri 08-Nov-13 12:35:58

Hi! Both have a great reputation locally. Latchmere is a large school but I'm told has a very caring atmosphere. I Dont know any parents at Fern Hill. I think the two catchments over lap so you may be able to give yourself the choice of either?

yafeng Mon 11-Nov-13 23:46:58

Thanks ConkerHoarder! I also heard about quite a few families having children at Latchmere but none at Fern Hill. I don't know why? Is this because a lot of people in North Kingston (KT2) prefer to choose a closer one? Or does this simply suggest that Latchmere is better than Fern Hill?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now