Local Talk

You can place paid Media Requests on this part of the Local Mumsnet Talk board. Posters pay a fee of £18 per Media Request as a contribution to running the site. Media Requests and any responses to them will be deleted after 90 days. Please be aware that this is an open forum and we do not guarantee a 100% positive response. Please put the gist of your request and your deadline date in the title of the talk thread, ie 'Looking for parents with twins in Berkshire - Deadline 1/2/13'.
Many thanks.

Help needed for trainee counsellor in Kingston

(1 Post)
ADV: user1575 Fri 06-Sep-13 21:58:42

I am a trainee relationship counsellor. As part of my next year, I will be doing an infant observation, which means observing a baby, from its first days with its family, to learn about how infants communicate and acquire social skills.

This observation will be a visit of an hour, once a week, most weeks for the first year of the baby's life.

So I am looking for a family that would be willing to help me by allowing me to observe their new baby. I would not be offering any parenting advice or counselling, just observing. Families often find this quite supportive, having someone come and take an interest for an hour once a week, without trying to offer any advice.

Ideally I am looking for a baby that will be arriving late in September, or in October or November.
The first step would be for me to meet the parents and see whether we get on.

To tell you a little more about me, my name is Mike, I am married, have three grown-up children, and one grand-child.

If we decide to proceed, the University will confirm to you that I have been CRB checked and that this is all proper.

If you or someone you know think you might like to do this, please get in touch. My email is MGray_ta@Yahoo.co.uk
I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now