Local Talk

Nice baby friendly pub

(8 Posts)
Dippy001 Wed 06-Jul-11 11:12:07

Don't know if such a thing exists but I want to take the FIL out to a pub this Sunday so does anyone have any recommendations? Good food and a nice atmosphere. I live in HD2 but would be happy to travel a bit if its a nice place.

Does it need to be a pub?
Ive been recently to Hinchliffes farm shop and restaurant in Netherton - really great food, licensed and v baby friendly - high chairs, toy box and wallabies smile

Its in a permanant marquee since it burnt down but its still lovely.

website

Dippy001 Fri 08-Jul-11 18:32:38

That looks great thanks. The baby will love looking at the animals as well.

Just a warning that the portions are huge. smile but it's not too cheap either, but I think, worth it!

Dippy001 Fri 08-Jul-11 21:19:36

DH is now very much looking forward to a nice bit of beef so we will just have to splurge.

motherhub Thu 08-Dec-11 20:22:40

The Nightingale at Lindley has just won the Netmums most family friendly place to eat in Kirklees! Fantastic children's menu, including Toddler Tapas!

Dippy001 Tue 07-Feb-12 15:20:35

We went to the Nightingale. I have to say it was a wasted journey. It is just a local pub that smells of smoke and beer. I could not see anything baby friendly about it.

SamThai Fri 24-Feb-12 21:19:11

I agree about Nightingales, we went with high expectations, sat down for a few minutes and looked at the menu then came straight back out again. It is no more baby friendly - and a lot LESS baby friendly than other places we have been. The baby tapas menu wasn't available and it was freezing!

I also agree about Hinchcliffes, I have been taking my baby there since he was about 6 months old and he's now 17 months. Very baby friendly in the restaurant and he loves looking at the animals. Highly recommended. I also really like Brambles in Holmfirth if you want more of a bar/pub type venue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now