Local Talk

Any mums in the Streatham area wanting to meet up?

(14 Posts)
Karla26 Fri 26-Aug-11 00:36:44

Hi,
I am new to Streatham, I have 4 kids aged 8,5,4 and 4 months. I'm 26 and a full time mum. I don't know anyone in the area and I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for coffee sometime?

darkangelof75 Tue 20-Sep-11 12:47:52

Hi Karla26,
I live in Streatham too and don't really know anyone. I've been here a couple years but was working full-time- so I'm in a similar boat to you. I have a gorgeous boy who's nearly 2. Do you live off the high road? I'm down Streatham Vale and I love coffee!

natfont Wed 21-Sep-11 12:46:11

Hi

i live in Streathanm hill and don't really know anyone neither. I have a baby boy who's 6 weeks old.
i would love to share a coffee with other mums.

Beanna Sat 01-Oct-11 15:19:20

Hi, I live in Streatham for one year now. Also don't know other mums here. My boy is 8 months old. I am happy to meet other mums too! And like other mums love coffee too ;-).

Neeks126 Tue 15-Nov-11 09:37:12

Hi. Im also a Streatham mum and would love to meet other mums for a catch up. I can see I am a couple of months late on the original post but am wondering if you ever organised a meeting? If not Id love to get something sorted as being house bound is driving me insane smile

Streatma Wed 16-Nov-11 19:16:18

Hi, I live in Streatham village and have a 4 year old. I recently held a party for her birthday at a community orientated pub on the high road called the White Lion, it has decent coffee, toys for the kids, loads of herbal teas and I was talking to the owner and he was saying they are hoping to start up kids club in the new year and maybe mother and child film screenings.
The best part about this place is it's run by a charity called Music4children and they offer free workshops for local kids to get them off the street. Other community groups meet there for free so maybe we should start one? Would anyone be interested in setting something up?

Neeks126 Thu 17-Nov-11 14:40:03

Id definitely be interested !! Any ideas on how to get the word out there?

poopy7 Fri 18-Nov-11 14:33:02

Would be happy to help out if I can.

PoodleShyt Sun 15-Jan-12 19:14:47

Likewise, I am too a Streatham mum with 2,3 and 5 year olds, son in Telferscot. smile

minimoonumbertwo Wed 22-Feb-12 15:00:18

Only just found this thread & would definitely be up for helping set up a new group!

NKffffffffb738be07X128407819c5 Fri 24-Feb-12 14:18:24

Hi. I just had my second baby 3 weeks ago and would be up for meeting other mums, particularly with babies of a similar age. I also have a 22month old :-)

angelaclaire Thu 01-Mar-12 21:07:36

I am starting mat leave in 3 weeks (new baby due 29th April) I have a two year little boy - we don't have any baby friends in the area, and really hope to make some to hang out with this summer. I currently have Fridays off so could meet then or anytime after the 23rd March (live in Streatham Hill) smile

joyfulme Thu 02-Aug-12 22:26:40

hello, I have a 6 month old son and live St.leonards church. I always wondered what was going on in the white lion as its also a back packer hostel. elll it woudl be fabulous if there as a group, a film screening showing alternative films as oppose to the Odeon parent and baby screenings or just a play group that would be brestfeeding friendly. a

dannig23 Wed 15-Aug-12 05:33:56

Have you guys met up yet? I live in streatham too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now