Local Talk

Looking for other new mums and playgroups in/near West Norwood

(5 Posts)
MissMitten Sat 21-Jan-12 17:43:04

Hello. I have a 7 week old and would love to meet some other local mums with babies. Also looking for info on mother and baby activities in the area. Looking forward to hearing from you!

sarimillie Mon 23-Jan-12 17:44:01

Hello MissMittem
Mine are bigger, but there used to be a lovely group for littlies at Chatsworth Baptist Church, and another at the Salvation Army hall near Tulse Hill. Good luck!

No idea what it's like as my DC were older when we moved here, but I live near the Little Starz Childrens Centre and that runs new Mum groups. They seem really friendly - they do fireworks every November that's open to the local community and we've popped in a few times smile

MissMitten Tue 24-Jan-12 10:02:46

Thanks both very much! I will look into these...

Emeriminni Mon 20-Feb-12 11:24:05

My youngest has just turned 2; we really like the playgroup in the church half way up Gypsy Hill (can't remember the name) - it's on a Thursday morning from 10am + is best to be there on time. We've also tried the Salvation Army one, and the Chatsworth Baptist Church. All of these are really friendly and offer free play, crafty stuff, singing and a snack time.

We also really like the Peter Pan playgroup that's in the Peonix centre next to Sainsburys in Crystal Palace - it's Tues + Fri 9:30-11:30 and is really relaxed with loads of different things for little ones to do.

The children's centres all offer great groups on different days - try the Cherry Tree one on Barston Road, and Hitherfield School on Leigham Vale. I also went to a free paediatric first aid course at Hitherfield, which was great :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now