Local Talk

Bright Futures nursery in Streatham Common?

(7 Posts)
amyraft Thu 16-Feb-12 22:03:20

Hi there,

Moving to the Streatham Common area and looking at nurseries for my first baby, due in May and looking to start child care at the end of November. Looking at Bright Futures as the best possibility in terms of price and location but wanted to know if any of you mums have experiences of it?

Their ofsted is good, and I liked the toddler room when I went to see it, just wasn't as sold on the baby room - the manager said that they could take up to 15 babies and that worried me a little.

Any feedback, good, bad, or indifferent would be much appreciated!

notcitrus Thu 16-Feb-12 22:18:24

Hi, have been using BF for over 2 years and am very happy (dc2 will start around Nov too).
I'm pretty sure the baby room only takes up to 12 at a time, though as most are part-time that's around 15 in all - certainly there's usually under 10 on any one day.

The owner (was manager until couple years ago) still has her youngest there.

Written communication hasn't always been great but is now pretty good and the staff are good and chatting to them has always resolved any minor issues. They're really good at treating all the kids as individuals - seeing as my pfb is very individual...

amyraft Fri 17-Feb-12 11:30:07

Thanks so much for the feedback! Also reassuring to know the owner has her youngest there.

How old was your little one when they started at BF, and how many days are they in the nursery if you don't mind me asking? Mine will be 6 months, and will be going in for 4 days a week. Anxious about it, but I guess that's natural. What you mentioned about the some of the babies being part time makes sense as well, there definitely weren't 15 when I visited.

Thanks again, it really helps to get answers from someone who actually uses the nursery.

notcitrus Fri 17-Feb-12 18:53:15

Dc1 was 11mo, but was always a child who didn't care who was caring for him as long as he got lots of cuddles - and often staff would be sat on floor with him and 1-2 others in a cuddle pile! He's done 3 and 4 days. he had a clingy phase age 2 but generally strops way more over leaving than going there!

Actually one thing I like about the nursery is the very down-to-earth practical parents, and i'm told staff like that many parents have to rush for trains so can't wind up their kids getting anxious! They've always been great if I've phoned later asking if ds is ok, and I've seen them take videos of one boy to prove he was actually having fun as soon as mum left!

amyraft Mon 20-Feb-12 10:19:06

Thanks again notcitrus, very helpful!

TiniMum Tue 21-Feb-12 09:14:53

Hi, I reserved a place there for my son in Mar last year but ended up taking him somewhere else. The only reason was the distant from my house to the nursery but I think BFN is definitely a good one. The staffs were extremely good and the kids seemed to be happy and confident when I were there. It was one in 2 best places I have found around Streatham Common, Streatham Hill. I talked to the deputy manager and I like the way that she knows what she is talking about + the staffs seemed to be happy enough working there, not like many other places I have been to. Hope this helps.

mrsbuttocks Fri 13-Apr-12 03:44:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now