Local Talk

Possible new secondary school in Clapham

(2 Posts)
Claphamparent Sat 01-Dec-12 16:48:03

Local parents are trying to get agreement to set up a new secondary school in Clapham, with a Catholic ethos. One of the possible sites is on Crescent Lane opposite St. Mary's primary school.
They are currently seeking people with children currently in year 4 or 5 to express their interest so that they can move forward to the next stage.
The website is: www.trinityacademylondon.org/home

BrixtonMortar Sun 09-Dec-12 12:04:13

Lambeth already has 2 catholic secondaries. Is there a call for more catholic secondary places? Will it be co-ed? Will distance be a criteria or will it admit catholic children from a very wide area, like many other catholic schools do? Will 'catholic ethos' demand regular attendance at mass within the admission criteria or will it be a catholic ethos with entry based on the usual community criteria?

I am in favour of co-ed secondaries, with a 'fair banding' admission based on distance. Lambeth nees more places for Lambeth and local children, Clapham is within my range for looking for secondaries, but I want to see more inlcusive schools, not an increase in schools which draw off children from specific communities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now