Local Talk

Nursery schools in Brixton/Herne Hill

(4 Posts)
Brockwellite Sun 30-Dec-12 22:20:22

DD will be 3 in August so we want to find a nursery where she can do her 15 hours. Have I left this terribly late? Can anyone recommend any in my area and tell me how to go about it?
At the moment DD is with a lovely childminder.

blosblos1 Thu 03-Jan-13 23:41:47

All state school nurseries give 15 hours free anyway. 15 hours i.e. in the morning or afternoon and this has been happening since my own three children were young - eldest is now 20.

They all went to the local state school either mornings or afternoons and were with me the rest of the time.

Private nurseries can offer 15 hours free government funded and then any hours over this have to be paid by you. They will have a department to deal with payments etc. Or maybe if your childminder collects your child from nursery then you will have to pay her any extra hours she has your child.

It depends what you want for your child before they start Reception class at age 4. If she is with a lovely childminder then I would keep her there (though I'm biased as I'm a registered childminder myself)!

Brockwellite Sun 06-Jan-13 19:36:37

Thank you!

I would like DD to take advantage of the free 15 hours as it will perhaps prepare her a bit more for reception. She is an August baby so will only just be four when she starts. We would like for her to stay with the lovely childminder thr rest of the time!

BrixtonMortar Mon 21-Jan-13 20:08:51

Have a look on the Lambeth website for early years education and nurseries. It should tell you how to apply, too. There is Effra Nursery in Effra Parade, but that is not attached to a school, so she wouldn't have the advantage of being in the same place for Reception. I don't know if St Judes has a nursery? Which is your nearest primary school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now