Local Talk

baby ear piercing

(5 Posts)
rainbow20123 Tue 12-Feb-13 15:52:24

Hi,
I live in west norwood, I'd like to pierce my baby girl ears, because she's my only one daughter after two boys, so she's my first new experience. can anyone tell me who can to the job (baby ear piercing), the possible areas I can go are (streatham, brixton, west norwood, south norwood, thornton heath).
thank you.

LoveAndTitanium Wed 13-Feb-13 01:52:36

The only honest answer I can give you is please don't do it. The 2nd is I am CERTAIN that there is a legal minimum age (14 or 16 I think?) for piercings, so even if you find one you 'like', it they are prepared to do a baby's ears outside of the law then I would also be questioning what other aspects (health & safety/sterility of equipment/skill at putting in etc) they have that might also be under par.

LoveAndTitanium Wed 13-Feb-13 01:53:41

'if' even, not 'it they are prepared' - durr, sorry, brain asleep!

rainbow20123 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:04:12

thank you for your replies and advice, you know what I didn't know that there is a specific age where I can pierce my ds ears. I heard that some nhs hospital do it but I haven't got accurate information about it.

anyway I'll think twice about it next time and thanks.

faith2013 Fri 28-Jun-13 11:58:46

So long as it is done safely, with hypoallergenic studs, it is fine to pierce childrens ears, as it is the lope,(fleshy area) and this area tends to heal quite fast. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.I happen to be a mobile beauty therapist, and local to Norwood area. I also offer Ear piercing for children. I have pierced for children and babies, and, so far have had only positive feedback. I would recommend only going to reputable establishments including Harrods and Selfridges,though they are a bit pricey, Urban Retreat for example offers 18 carat gold plated studs for their ear piercing, which most do not. Also, you could also use someone who is certified and recommended by some one you trust. All the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now