Local Talk

Anyone get Hitherfield Primary reception place for Sept 2013?

(7 Posts)
Toomanybananas Thu 18-Apr-13 11:50:15

Just that really. Got given our primary school place yesterday and this is what we got. I'm pleased because it seemed like a lovely school and the Head seemed nice, but the only thing is that we don't know anyone else who is going there! Would love to hear from anyone else whose child is starting there this September.

BrixtonMortar Thu 18-Apr-13 13:41:35

Lots of Lambeth people on the Primary education threads on the main board, so it might be worth posting this there, too.

I know families at Hitherfield, they are very happy.

You will make friends fast and might find you recognise people in the first week. Do you use Hillside Gardens park? Lots of Hitherfield families there.

Toomanybananas Thu 18-Apr-13 13:58:37

Thanks Brixton yes we do go to Hillside so now it's no longer arctic outside we will start going back there! Will put a post on the main primary school board too thanks.

lewissta Tue 13-Jan-15 23:43:56

Hi Toomanybananas - if you are about... how has your child done at Hitherfield? We went on a walk-about today expecting to think it was okay but nothing amazing. And my son and I both loved it. Caught us by surprise and now I'm not sure what to put down as his first choice. Any thoughts appreciated!

gettingbettereveryday Tue 20-Jan-15 09:47:35

Hi there - this is a bit late given the date has passed but just wanted to say that my little one started Hitherfield reception in September and we couldn't possibly be happier. It's been great from all points of view, academic and social and otherwise. I am sure your son will do great wherever he goes but just to say if you do end up with Hitherfield I am sure you'll be pleased. As I say, a bit late now but feel free to PM me with any more questions if helpful.

Toomanybananas Sat 24-Jan-15 07:56:47

Sorry I've only just seen this so you'll have done your application now but for what it's worth, we are all loving it. DC2 in nursery there too now and it's fabulous. Maybe see you in September as she'll be in reception then too!

lewissta Mon 26-Jan-15 00:26:46

This confirms what I thought. In the end I put down our closest first - and where he currently attends nursery, Julian's. He does love it there. But then we moved Hitherfield up to second choice.
I was really struck by how open the Headteacher was to letting us roam into any classroom we wanted to. We must have joined at least ten lessons. Didn't see a single incident of bad behaviour - the students looked engaged, enjoying their lessons and their work was outstanding.
We live in one of those strange zones in Lambeth where you are just outside most catchments, but Hitherfield's is much wider and we definitely fall in it. I feel confident now that he will go to a good school no matter which one he ends up with. Thanks so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now