Local Talk

Anyone taking the plunge with Dunraven Primary?

(7 Posts)
charitygirl Thu 18-Apr-13 13:48:47

We just heard we have a Reception place at Dunraven for our son in September. Think we're pretty pleased, if nervous about the newness of it. Worst case scenario is it was very undersubscribed and will end up mopping up any late applicants?

Would love to hear from any other Dunraven pioneers! Are you within walking distance? Will you need breakfast club or after school care? I really hope there will be some visits or meetings soon.

BrixtonMortar Fri 19-Apr-13 10:16:58

No Yr R children in our family this year, but has a Head from a school which people fought over to get into, so all the credentials are good.

charitygirl Sat 20-Apr-13 10:01:27

Thank you Brixton - that's reassuring!

TribeCalledQuest Sat 20-Apr-13 23:39:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrixtonMortar Mon 22-Apr-13 12:09:35

Out of interest, what was your first preference, Tribe?

I have one child and one neice in Dunraven secondary. It's brilliant.

TribeCalledQuest Thu 09-May-13 13:46:47

Very slow response but Henry Cavendish!

LokisLeftHand Thu 27-Jun-13 12:14:45

Very late, and probably not much help at all but my DC went to a brand new school. DS1 (who's now at Dunraven Secondary) was in the second year of intake and there are definite advantages to it - new equipment and resources and the teachers tend to be quite evangelical and enthusiastic. I'm quite envious of you guys actually. I had hoped Dunraven Primary would open with a full spread of years so I could move DD over. Barring any weirdness over the next couple of years she's going to go to the Secondary school anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now