Local Talk

Find out how to recycling your unwanted item for free in Lambeth

(3 Posts)
amy32uk Thu 20-Jun-13 22:34:27

Items we throw away such as bed, television, clothes, furniture, printer, toys, sofa and computer can pass to someone in your community.

Recycling is an effective way to cut down on the use of these limited resources as well as promoting community involvement in the process.

If you haven't heard yet, there is wonderful organization called Freegive Group ( www.freegive.co.uk ). Freegive Group connects people who are giving and getting unwanted items for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills and, at the same time, helping someone in your community by gifting them the item you no longer need. Another benefit of using Freegive is that it encourages poeple to get rid of junk that we no longer need and promote community involvement in the process. By using Freegive, not only are you able to get rid of your item with the minimum of fuss; you will also be doing your part in stopping another reusable item ending up in a landfill. It's completely free to join and everything posted must be free.

Visit Lambeth Freegive Group at www.freegive.co.uk/p/lambeth.htm

bankwadger Sun 14-Jul-13 23:29:30

I'm quite annoyed that they've started charging again for large rubbish collection. The reason they started doing it for free was because people just fly-tipped anyway so it still needed to be collected.

I will keep this in mind next clear out, thank you.

CarveHerNameWithPride Fri 19-Jul-13 08:01:14

Whilst I'm sure Freegive is a legitimate site, I would say that you're more likely to get good results from Lambeth Freecycle which is more well established and really really big (Freegle is bigger in some areas but not Lambeth).

Freecycle is also not for profit whereas Freegive is a profit making enterprise which makes its money from advertising (just like Mumsnet does, so I'm not saying it's evil).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now