Local Talk

NCT Clapham or Vauxhall? Living in Stockwell

(3 Posts)
FromagePlease Tue 30-Jul-13 08:46:27

Hello,

I wondered if anyone could advise on which would be the better location for our NCT classes? We're thinking of the standard antenatal classes, and as we live in Stockwell (newly moved in) we could go to either location. I guess I'm keen to meet likeminded people who live fairly close. We're also thinking of nanny shares for the future. Any advice as to which might be best? Many thanks.

deedar Thu 08-Aug-13 20:38:22

It was a few years ago for me, but as I lived closer to clapham north when I had dd I joined clapham nct. I met a nice group of people and still see 2 of the original 8 regularly. However, we were really widely spread, reaching from sw2 over to Wandsworth, so meet-ups usually involved a drive, which was a bit of a pain.

Had I lived in stockwell then I'd probably have joined the vauxhall one. But, can you ring both groups first? I think the website gives local organisers details so they can give you a clue who's likely to be joining a group at the same time as you. No idea how active the vauxhall one is, but it's likely to be smaller so fewer people joining your group, but they'll be closer to you - which is a HUGE bonus!

Also, depending where you live there is a lovely mother and baby group which meets on Mondays based in and around the stockwell conservation area. Its a great way to meet people living in stockwell, and mums take tuens to host. If you PM me i can send you details of the yahoo group to join so you get the emails.

jfk1718 Mon 02-Sep-13 14:52:16

Hi, a couple of people have mentioned the Yahoo group to me but I don't seem to be able to track it down on google, would it be possible to send me a link? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now