Local Talk

How has everyone's new start in school been?

(5 Posts)
BrixtonMortar Tue 10-Sep-13 18:43:31

Is everyone happy?
Anyone in the new schools? Dunraven Primary? City Heights Secondary?
Did everyone get a place they are happy with in the end?

Toomanybananas Thu 12-Sep-13 13:39:29

We got our second choice, Hitherfield, which we are happy with, but my son doesn't start until Monday. He is desperate to start!
We are on the waiting list for Rosendale (our first choice and closest school) but the list has not moved at all since we were first given our position back in May. I naively thought we'd definitely get a place and am now reconciled to giving up on it due to the complete lack of movement. Bit gutted but it could have been worse - Hitherfield seems lovely.

BrixtonMortar Thu 12-Sep-13 15:50:05

You never know - during the course of the drawn out staggered starts it may be that a child or two fails to appear at Rosendale. If Rosendale does staggered starts, I'm not sure. It's a big school. If children fail to turn up on day one, the school has to spend some time following them up before offering the place on the waiting list.

Otherwise, good luck for Monday!

We have a 'fresh start' free year in our house, no big transitions, but I am curious about the new schools on the block.

Toomanybananas Mon 16-Sep-13 12:06:19

Well his first day was today. Hitherfield looks amazing! They have knocked through some of the reception building rooms and DS's classroom is ENORMOUS. It was all so well organised, the Head of Early Years was actually waiting for us at the door and knew DS's name before I said it. I must say, now if Rosendale offers us a place, I don't know if we'd take it, especially as I've heard on the grapevine they might be going up to 4 forms there. DS was really happy going in and I only cried a bit when I got back to the car!

Am really interested to heard how other starts were at Fenstanton, Dunraven, Julian's and Elmwood.

BrixtonMortar Tue 17-Sep-13 09:29:43

That sounds brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now