Local Talk

Anyone for tennis in Clapham Common?

(4 Posts)
lily555 Sat 16-Nov-13 13:06:22

Hi everyone, my friend and tennis partner moved to Paris a while ago and I've missed playing ever since.

My level is basic-intermediate, definitely not advanced (!) but I do love it, and I'm looking to play one evening a week around 8-9pm or at the weekend, is anyone up for that??

There are some courts in Clapham Common, near Clapham South tube, which is close to where I live. I'm not sure if there are any others nearby.

Drop me a line if you're interested!

freshtrax Tue 03-Dec-13 09:10:44

Hi, I'm not offering a match but I don't know if you're aware, there are four tennis clubs quite close to you, actually all in the Streatham area. The one I think is probably closest is Grafton which is on Thornton Road. The great thing about these clubs is that you can play whenever you want, either casually or in Leagues/Tornaments, there are floodlights, plenty of play in winter and a social scene.

http://graftontennisandsquash.info/

freshtrax Tue 03-Dec-13 09:13:22

The point I forgot to mention (!) was that you'll never be short of someone to play as there are social tennis sessions on Wednesdays and sometimes at weekends.

Jennifer32 Sun 06-Jul-14 18:43:12

Hi,
I am keen to play at Clapham Common if you are still looking for a partner. I am free during the day for the next few weeks if that works?
Thanks
Jennifer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now