Local Talk

£50 child's haircut in Myla and Davis, Herne Hill

(7 Posts)
Campbell43 Sun 01-Dec-13 07:48:20

I went to Myla and Davis in Herne Hill to get my
11 year olds daughters haircut - I have been
before in September with my daughter and they
charged £20. But this time I was charged £50!!!
I was speechless when the receptionist said how much I had to pay and had to get her to repeat the sum.

I had not been told that she would be charged the same as an adult when I booked - I won't be
Going there again!

BrixtonMortar Sun 01-Dec-13 16:25:30

Wow shock

Did they realise she was 11? I wonder if the receptionist was new and didn't know about child rates?
Was it at a peak time on a Saturday?

BrixtonMortar Sun 01-Dec-13 16:49:11

On the website £50 is the price for an adult woman, and on the Baby Days page it quotes £23 for 5-10 year olds on Mondays.

Best always to check when booking.

Other salons refuse to do children's cuts unless the parent is also a client, There is one in Lordship Lane with that policy.

LocalEditorLambeth Tue 03-Dec-13 09:03:44

Ouch! Poor you, I would have been aghast at a £50 charge.

thomsc Tue 10-Dec-13 18:03:12

£8 a head for DS1 + DS2 at Georgios on Dulwich Road.

I'm not looking forward to having to get DD's haircut eventually.

I bought some clippers for me last Christmas.

SandyFloors Tue 10-Dec-13 18:07:47

I am so tempted by those little clippy spirit levels you get on ebay to cut hair with yourself...in my right mind I know it would be a disaster, but sometimes I forget and look them up anyway... £50!

Brixtony Fri 13-Dec-13 14:15:05

Outrageous! But then again - having been a previous customer at Myla & Davis, I stopped going there a while ago. I had booked a Saturday morning appointment - and my stylist didn't turned up. The way they dealt with the situation was utterly rubbish. Definitely won't go there myself again. Shame, because we could do with a good local hairdressers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now