Local Talk

What is great about Lambeth

(6 Posts)
LocalEditorLambeth Tue 03-Dec-13 10:03:06

Hi everyone, the Lambeth site is going to be local site of the week next weeksmile...I have to write an intro listing great things about Lambeth, so all suggestions/contributions as to what I should include are very welcome!

I would love to know your favourite things about Lambeth, best places to go, best child friendly cafe, best day out etc

Thanks!

SandyFloors Wed 04-Dec-13 08:25:41

For me- Brixton Market, the Southbank, Clapham Common, West Norwood Cemetery last one is a bit weird though

LocalEditorLambeth Fri 06-Dec-13 07:10:02

Thanks, for outside space it is very difficult to choose between Brockwell and Clapham Common, I am finding...I am tempted to go with Brockwell because of the views.

BrixtonMortar Fri 20-Dec-13 17:15:02

Brockwell Park, Brixton, South Bank (child friendly free street entertainers), statistically high chance of having your child in an 'outstanding' school, friendly people, great transport, The Ritzy (Baby-friendly and autism-friendly screenings), Brockwell Lido, paddling pool / sandpit combo in Brockwell Park, The Florence, with it's special children's play / entertainment room, Oval House Theatre drama classes for teens, Just William in Herne Hill (toys) and Merry-Go-Round (quality second hand clothes) - actually these last two are probably in H Hill, West Norwood Feast (food, children's activities), The Ice Rink , The Imperial War Museum, Myatts Fields (the park).

BrixtonMortar Fri 20-Dec-13 17:18:36

The brilliant children's playground in Brockwell Park, Franca Manca in Brixton Village, The Lambeth Country Show with it's owl display, jousting, zoo, sheep shearing, dog trials, cake tent etc,

SandyFloors Wed 22-Jan-14 20:18:52

Lambeth county show sounds amazing...I have lived here for years and it has somehow passed me by....dog shows and a cake tent!

I went past the Imperial War Museum the other day and it appears to be shut for 6 months, which is a bit of a shame.

Every year I try and gear myself up to go to Brockwell Lido, but always chicken out get too busy to make it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now