Looking to move to Oval - near Ashmole Estate?

(3 Posts)
Jessica28 Sun 21-Aug-16 12:17:35

Hi everyone, my husband has just got a new job which is exactly the opposite end of London vs my job ( North East his, South West mine) so we are considering a move from Kingston to somewhere more central that's on the northern line.

We found some flats near the Kia Oval, but I am worried about this large estate just nearby. We see that it's undergoing a 'regeneration' so we are unsure what that means? Is it a council estate or privately owned?

Also, if anyone is familiar with Oval or has ideas for reasonable areas along the northern line , we would be grateful! We are ideally looking for at least a 2-bed property, more than 1000sq foot. Budget up to 700k.

BrixtonMortar Mon 22-Aug-16 07:50:44

It is a Housing Association estate, we'll run by Metropolitan, and not known for any issues. Ashmole primary school is an excellent school.

Oval is a good area but it doesn't have the same town centre feel as Clapham, not a great choice of shops and restaurants.

Jessica28 Wed 24-Aug-16 17:03:41

Thanks for the information! That's very reassuring! Yes shame about the lack of a town centre and shops, otherwise it would be perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now