Local Talk

New Mum-to-be in Halton

(3 Posts)
PinkyMalinky Thu 16-Dec-10 17:53:16

Hi everyone, I hope people are still reading this board. I live just outside Halton and am expecting my first baby in March 2011. We moved here about 3 years ago and don't know many people with young kids. I've also just tried signing up for the local NCT classes and they're all fully booked. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other antenatal / bump / baby groups I could look at to help me meet some other mums in the area. Our house is quite isolated and I give up work in February and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself sad !!

haloflo Sat 18-Dec-10 10:10:26

Hi Pinky. I am too expecting my first baby in March 2011 and although I've lived here all my life I know no mums as I am the first amongst my friends to have a baby.

This website seems like a good place for info and has details of all the things going on at children's centres and the hospital tours.

I've found most things on that website are during the week so not great for me as I work full time.

However I always thought aqua natal looked good and if I find a cheap maternity swimming costume I might go when I start ML (finish work 25 Feb, due 20 March) I can't decide if its worth it.

Have you signed up to ante natal classes with the NHS? I have but haven't heard anything yet. I asked to do them at Lancaster Royal Infirmary during evenings/weekends. Did you put a preference down?

I live in Lancaster city centre so if you or anyone wants to meet for a coffee in town post back or pm me. smile

Katie67 Sun 09-Jan-11 22:51:08

hiya

just joined this site as I have been using babycentre throughout my pregnancy and birth.
I live in lancaster and had my first baby in May this year.
Check out your local surestart centre they have antenatal classes.

free to meet for coffee anytime

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now