Local Talk

Meet Up in Kendal or South Lakes

(14 Posts)
fitflops Mon 17-Jan-11 10:38:48

Hi There

We've just moved up to Kendal and I'd love to catch up with some other Mumsnetters in the area. Is there a regular meeting for this area?

Thanks

nymphadora Mon 17-Jan-11 11:01:51

Not many people in this area but keep bumping!

How many kids/ages etc?

PinkyMalinky Mon 17-Jan-11 18:59:14

Hi there, I live near Halton and have been looking for the same. There don't seem to be many groups in our area. The only thing I've found is a group at Kirkby Lonsdale which I found on babymaze.com

Kirkby Lonsdale Toddler & Baby Group
Venue: St Mary's CofE Primary School, Kendal Road, Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria, LA6 2DN
Tel: 01524 271334
Time: 1.15pm until 2.45pm (term time)
Cost: £2 per family

My first baby is due on March 12th and we've very few friends with babies or small children. I'd be happy to meet for a coffee in Kendal anytime either before or after my baby comes. I give up work in three weeks time so may be suffering from cabin fever soon.

Let me know if you discover anything else in the area. Good luck

xMrsSx Wed 19-Jan-11 10:28:09

My DS is 11 weeks, would be great to meet up with some other mums. Pinky - I am in Carnforth so not far from you!

PinkyMalinky Wed 19-Jan-11 18:03:57

Hi Mrs S. I have antenatal in Carnforth every monday for the next few weeks and finish work on Feb 8th if you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime - either post back or message me. Anyone else watching this thread welcome as well obviosuly!

xMrsSx Wed 19-Jan-11 20:26:42

done, anyone else?

HermyaLovesLysander Wed 19-Jan-11 21:26:07

<follows tumbleweed round MN>

I'm around and about.

FWIW I go to a coffee morning in Lancaster run by a church there which is slowly becoming populated by Mums and small children, everyone is very friendly and there is coffee and cake and people to hold your baby whilst you eat it, whats not to love!

If anyone wants to come along, they can PM me.

nymphadora Thu 20-Jan-11 08:15:36

Bumping

xMrsSx Thu 20-Jan-11 09:21:09

Hermya - where's your coffee morning? Not sure church is really my thing tho?

HermyaLovesLysander Thu 20-Jan-11 10:17:05

MrsS It's mostly in peoples front rooms, the vast majority that go are Mums with small babies and a lot that go aren't part of the church. It's very informal, I quite like it.

LoolaBoola Thu 03-Feb-11 18:53:52

Hiya, I'd love to meet up with other Mums in the area. I'm in Holme, Carnforth and babs is due April 6th. I'm finishing work early March and can meet up anytime.

Aqua natal class are in kendal on monday mornings if anyone fancies them!!

LoolaBoola, have pm'd you.

Natasugar Mon 16-Apr-12 14:14:17

Hello
There is a tea toast and topic group in milnthorpe if you google milnthorpe and look under family services you will find the connections you need. This also gives you a list of local mums and tots groups in the south lakeland area.

ChrissyOH Wed 04-Jul-12 21:54:41

Im in Carnforth and would love to meet more mums. Message me if you fancy meeting up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now