Local Talk

Lancaster, Morecambe, Heysham and all the other bits Chat.

(11 Posts)
sacredcow Fri 24-Jun-11 20:18:13

I've only just discovered this place despite having posted excessively on mumsnet for a goodly while. Not using my usual posting name as I don't want outing in RL with some of the stuff I've posted.

I live in Lancaster with my two DCs, work full time and spend a lot of the rest of the time running around trying to fit everthing in.

Favourite places with the children:
Happy Mount Park
The Zone @ Greenlands Farm
New Holly Farm
The Beach (on the 3 days a year its not pissing down raining.
Williamson Park

Favouite places without the children:

Mint cocktail bar - They have a liquid M&Ms cocktail. I have a membership card!
Costa
Salt Ayre
The Motorway between Lancaster and the Trafford Centre grin

Anyone else?

I'm at new holly farm every week. DS2 (3yo) loves it. We also go to the toddler group at Garstang Free Methodist church every Thursday.

Favourite place without the kids? Any pub will do grin

silver28 Mon 27-Jun-11 08:30:38

Hi, I live in the garstang area and can also be seen at old Holly farm on a pretty regular basis (preferably when it's cheaper on Mondays or after 4 smile) and go to the toddler group at garstang free Methodists too (I've probably seen you there chickenkeeper). DS is 3 and i'm due again in December.

I also go to the stay and play session at garstang children's centre on Monday mornings and have recently started going to toddler gymnastics at nateby gymnastics school on a Monday (v informal and lots of fun). I work three days a week so just off two days. Reading this it sounds like I fill my time with loads of groups but I quite often skip them, as now DS is getting older I can't always be bothered to leave the house, as he's much easier to entertain at home now.

Oh nearly forgot, we also enjoy going to JC country at forton, especially in summer (tho have often been found there in crappy weather, all wrapped up warm and with all the stuff to ourselves grin).

Hi Silver28, what time is toddler gymnastics on? It sounds like fun smile

silver28 Mon 27-Jun-11 15:01:52

It's 1.30 til 2.30 (we've just come back from there). It's £2.50. They spend about 10 mins doing structured stuff (running and stopping, crawling races etc) then the rest of the time they just okay on the gym equipment, with parents assisting asych as necessary. There's a big pit full of foam blocks that they can jump into, which is the biggest draw. The only problem is it smells v sweaty in the gym!

sacredcow Mon 27-Jun-11 18:47:20

Hi all. What's JC country at Forton? <interested>

silver28 Mon 27-Jun-11 18:59:17

Hi sacredcow. It's a 'country store' (sells wellies, clothes, animal food etc) but it also has a cafe and it's set around a quadrangle which has a free play area in it. They have ride on tractors, a large tractor that kids can climb on, a sandpit, a few golf holes for basic putting and they have a couple of goats and some chickens (in a pen). it's nothing fancy but it's free if you're using the cafe and DS loves it. It's just a good place to meet friends for a coffee as the children can play together and it's an enclosed area so they can't escape!

sacredcow Mon 27-Jun-11 21:50:57

Is it along side the A6? I'm sure I've see a crazy golf?

No the crazy golf on the A6 is a cafe/bar called "Zumo"

JC Country is an odd one to find, you turn left at the next junction after Zumo (Hollins Lane) then first right, and it's down a little country lane. (Have you been to Scorton Picnic Area? It's not far from there)

I was at HMP Morecambe today!!! grin

RalphGnu Tue 19-Jul-11 19:16:17

Hello! Was starting to think I was the only MNer in the entire NW! I live in Morecambe with my fiance and 19 month old DS. I work part-time and spend the rest of my life cleaning sticky hands and power walking up and down the prom. I am the plump one with messy hair, a red buggy and am usually smiling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now