Local Talk

Meet up at Holly Farm?

(19 Posts)

Does anyone fancy meeting at Holly Farm either this Thurday or any Thursday really.

sacredcow Thu 30-Jun-11 11:24:27

Hi I'm still coming and bringing a friend as its school strike day. Will be there 1-ish.

silver28 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:50:15

Hi I'd fancy that one Thursday

silver28 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:52:50

Just seen the other thread grin. Let me know if you're going again. Chickenkeeper - I was at toddle in this morning, am curious about who you are!!

Me too silver28! Do you live IN Garstang or just nearby? I was checking out all the mums of 3 year olds to see if they looked pregnant or not!! We shall have to wear name-badges next week or devise some kind of signal grin

I'm at holly farm every Thursday. I go to Booths for lunch after toddle inn and am at holly farm for about 1 o'clock.

silver28 Thu 30-Jun-11 18:45:17

We live in pilling actually (the shame! wink). I grew up in garstang and DH but when it came to buying a house the lure of getting more for your money in pilling proved too strong. We've been trying to mice back to garstang for last 18 months (as I spend so much time there and DH works in bleasdale) but just taken our house off the market as nobody wants to buy it.

Anyway, I'll be there next Thursday, at toddle in at least, poss old holly too. I do look pregnant (tho am only 16 weeks) but I'm also pretty fat so maybe people just think I have a big fat belly (which I do I suppose grin).

silver28 Thu 30-Jun-11 18:45:56

Mice? Move.

I used to live in pilling too ( Garstang road ) it's a small world!!

sacredcow Thu 30-Jun-11 20:51:50

Hello - I've never lived in Pilling, can I still join in?

Good to see you today accidental, I'm glad you were only the second ramdom person I asked if they were from Mumsnet! grin

Nice to meet you to sacredcow, we shall have to do it again sometime (and rope silver28 in too) smile

silver28 Thu 30-Jun-11 22:15:36

Ah in that case I won't be too harsh on my home village and its residents! (we've lived here 10 years now but I still don't class myself as one of the locals grin).

Sacredcow - if you haven't lived in pilling you haven't lived grin [ wink]

Would be great to meet maybe next week - either at toddle in or old Holly (the week after that is the last one that I'll go to with DS as he starts pre school in September).

Hey Silver28, are you going to toddle inn this week? I'm just gonna start asking random people if they're from Pilling and see if I can find you that way.

Look out for me. I'm 31 ,size 8-10, dark brown hair and am usually looking a bit haggard smile My son is usually wearing the goggles from the tool bench, he makes a bee-line for them every week.

oh and I'm a short-arse too (about 5ft 2)

cyberfairy Wed 06-Jul-11 09:48:05

I would come but no transport sad

silver28 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:48:42

Hi yes I'll be there tomorrow. But size 8-10? Not sure I want to meet you after all! wink

To be honest we may have met before, as DS is keen on those goggles too! We're usually late but I should be there from about 10 tomorrow as need to leave at 11 for midwife appt.

I am tall, blonde hair and will prob be wearing a maxi dress as I'm at the stage where jeans are uncomfortable and maternity pants too big. Which means I'll be looking like a beached whale - you can't miss me grin.

DS is v blonde and can be found lurking between the tool bench and happyland table most weeks.

See you tomorrow!

silver28 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:42:44

Lovely to meet you earlier chickenkeeper. Sorry I didn't jet chance to say bye, had to rush off to get to midwife appt. I font think I'll see you at old holly today as DS needs a decent sleep today, but will prob go next week if you're going.

I'm there every week! Was lovely to see you too

silver28 Thu 07-Jul-11 20:52:14

Just told DH who you are in case he knows you (he knows far more people round here than me) and he laughed and reminded me that your DH bought our shogun off us (I did think his name rang a bell but wasn't sure). Small world!

(I do hope the car was ok! It was find as far as we knew, just cost an arm and a leg to fuel it smile)

wow what a small world ... yes the car's still going strong! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now