Local Talk

Anyone know Brinscall area?

(3 Posts)
Brightblueskies Mon 04-Feb-13 10:38:57

Hi all. I'm thinking of relocating to Brinscall area in the next few months. I've an 8 year old and a 14 year old. I know there is a good primary school in Brinscall. Does anyone know much about the secondary schools in the area? My 14 year old has an Autistic Spectrum Condition and needs a school that will encourage and challenge him to achieve his full potential, not let him fall by the wayside because he doesn't tick all their boxes. He's high-functioning and doesn't have a SEN but on school action plus. I'm going to look at as many as I can, including independent and grammar schools, that may offer a full bursary. It's just handy to know other's experiences! Also, does anyone know what social groups are around Brinscall. ie. Brownies, dancing, cadets, youth clubs, rugby?

Cannotbeused Thu 14-Mar-13 23:15:11

Hi, I know Brinscall quite well as I used to live there. I'm just in chorley now. I'm a bit out of the loop with their activities. As for schools, St Michaels is the best one in the area, as far as being outstanding and room of league tables but not sure if he will get in without SEN. All the other schools in chorley are fairly equal to each other, not sure about ASD provision.

Lizblob Wed 15-May-13 00:42:08

I live in Brinscall! (only temporarily though - usually in Preston but staying at my mum's while our kitchen is done). Not sure I can be much help though as my girls are 2.5 and 1 so I only know about all the toddler stuff. Brinscall's a lovely place though - lovely cafe (cottage tea rooms), lake, swimming pool and playground. Good luck finding a nice school for your son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now